Wax Burn?

This forum is for questions regarding Dermatology - rashes, acne, birthmarks, skin infections, rosacea, and general skin care.

Wax Burn?

I got my upper lip waxed for the first time. Unfortunately, I have a strange scarrish red-brownish mark across most of my upper lip now. It's drying now, feels a little numb, and the skin there feels like it's tightening. How do I get rid of the mark (that, as it dries, wrinkles)? HELP.
It can be a superficial burn after applying the hot wax. Apply cool compresses on the area and take bath with cool(not very cold) water. Do not scrub your skin or shave your skin and use a soft towel and gently pat your skin dry.Also use a sunburn Over-The-Counter remedy containing aloe vera and a light moisturizer or a dusting powder to relieve chafing.

It is very difficult to precisely confirm a diagnosis without examination and investigations and the answer is based on the medical information provided. For exact diagnosis, you are requested to consult your doctor. I sincerely hope that helps. Take care and please do keep me posted on how you are doing.