Dermatology Expert Forum
Waxing rash

This forum is for questions regarding Dermatology issues, such as: rashes, acne, birthmarks, skin infections, rosacea, and general skin care. All questions will be answered by a medical professional.

Waxing rash
I had my eyebrows waxed yesterday and now have a rash above, below and in between my brows.  There is lots of redness and some red bumps.  What can I use to reduce the bumps and redness.  I have a wedding to go to tonight!!!!
Stephanie:

Relax!!!  The bumps are just inflamed pores from having their follicles yanked out.

To pseed their disappearance, apply cool compresses with tap water for 5 minutes t5wice a day, out on bacitracin or neosporin ointment, and don't rub or pick the bumps, as they will delay healing a bit.

Hope you had a good time at the wedding.  (Sorry I didn't get this answer to you till now. . . .)

Best.

Dr. R