Weak skin

This forum is for questions regarding Dermatology issues, such as: rashes, acne, birthmarks, skin infections, rosacea, and general skin care.

Weak skin

I have very pale skin and it has always been weak in every area it seems, even from child hood. During child hood I had a ton of freckles, I would say about 95% of them have disapeared now though. I had horrible acne as a child, and even at the age of 23 today I still have acne. Ofcoure it isn't near as bad as when I was a teenager, however it's still there. I've never tanned no matter what I tried in the sun, I always burnt. I bruise very easily and when I bruise they're very nasty looking bruises from the simplest damage. When I work out in the gym my skin turns red everywhere, sometimes even becomes itchy. I can touch my self with one finger and watch my skin turn another shade, just from a small amount of preasure, such as a light touch. I get strech marks very, very easily, and they're not a lot of small thin ones like I see everyone else with, I'll get just a couple (3-4) dark and thick ones in areas. Is there anything I can do just to strengthan my skin? Make it become more resistant I guess? Healthier?

The skin is the largest organ of the body and is involved in many functions. These include, protection from sun and infections, blood circulation, heat dissipation, waste removal and of course helping us look better than a skeleton.

I can understand your concern, In fact a lot of people have similar concerns, but there are only few like you who have a nearly all of them occuring in one person only.

To strengthen your skin, you may ensure Vitamins and micronutrients are included in your diet. Important ones are Vitamin E and A, Vitamin C, Zinc, Iron, Calcium etc..

Other than eating there is the precautions you may take for each particular lesion type that you developed. Since the skin cannot be changed, there is hardly anything else that may be done to help.

Hope this helped. let me know if you may need any more information.
Sounds like my only option is to take a vitamin daily. Thank you for the feed back.

Glad the post was of some help to you.

Take a multivitamin nad see if it helps.

Consult a skin specialist if you still have the symptoms.

Let us know about how you are doing and what your doctor advises.

Post us if you need any further information.

Regards.