Weid spots on skin

This forum is for questions regarding Dermatology issues, such as: rashes, acne, birthmarks, skin infections, rosacea, and general skin care.

Weid spots on skin

6262273?1287455630
Hello, I'm an 18 year old college student and I have been dealing with a skin problem for many years now. I think that it's a very rare problem because I googled it and haven't found anything like it. The only way I can describe it is "goosebumps looking spots" however, they aren't bumpy. It looks like I have a lot of tiny little white dots everywhere. I have been trying for years to figure out what I have with no luck, does anyone know what it might be?
Keratosis pliaris is one possibility for such symptoms. It is a common genetic follicular condition that is manifested by the appearance of rough bumps on the skin like goose bumps and occurs when the human body produces excess keratin, a natural protein in the skin.

Treatment includes tretinoin or Triamcinolone cream or Adapalene, a retinoid medication. Exfoliation, intensive moisturizing creams, creams and lotions containing alpha hydroxy acids and urea may be used to temporarily improve the appearance and texture of affected skin.

Please get an examination done from a dermatologist and get the diagnosis confirmed.
It is very difficult to precisely confirm a diagnosis without examination and investigations and the answer is based on the medical information provided. For exact diagnosis, you are requested to consult your doctor. I sincerely hope that helps. Take care and please do keep me posted on how you are doing.