Weird Dry spot
I get (and currently have) this spot on my face that is dry and red, slightly warmer than the rest of my skin.  The pores in the spot get pretty large (they're 'invisible' on the rest of my face) and it becomes a 'sink hole' for all moisture.  I have naturally very dry, sensitive skin so I moisturize 2-3 times daily.  I don't think it's eczema because I have that on other parts of my body (the trigger for that is water and then not properly moisturizing the area).  My skin was fully moisturized and fine last night and then, six hours later, I woke up and this spot was on my cheek, just cresting the bone.  In the past, when this dry spot has occurred, it happened over night, in a short period of time and the skin gets hot and almost feverish, but only in that spot.  The skin is noticeably rougher while the rest of my skin is it's regular texture (soft).  Make up doesn't cover it sufficiently because the make up flakes over the area have a few minutes (my foundation is a tinted moisturizer as well).  This is a problem that has reoccurred every couple of months. but without an regularity.  It's extremely annoying as I work in a department store.  My question is, does anyone else have this issue (not automatically written off as eczema)? How do you treat it? What causes it?

I haven't used any new or different soaps, lotions or moisturizers.  None of the soaps, lotions or moisturizers I do use contain fragrances or skin irritants (everything is hypoallergenic due to my skin sensitivity).  I did start my period today, but this isn't a regular symptom & when it has happened before it wasn't specific to the start of my period.
I think I have what you have on my neck (it's about 7mm diameter) and I get them the whole time on my fore head, which can be hard because, like you said , the make up flakes, and I'm not allowed make-up at school. I'm at an all girls school, so no boys to be embarressed infront of! Have you tried e45? I'm personally allergic to it because of a gene from my granny, but maybe try that, if you haven't already. Good luck. (sorry, dunno what it is either, my lovely big brother calls it christmas disease because the flaky skin around it is like snowflakes)