Dermatology Community
Weird Hand Rash and Ear Ringing
About This Community:

This forum is for questions regarding Dermatology issues, such as: rashes, acne, birthmarks, skin infections, rosacea, and general skin care.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Weird Hand Rash and Ear Ringing

To whomever may be of assistance (I'm so happy to have found this website):

I have been experiencing a hand rash that comes and goes.  When it appears, it lasts for a few days, maybe 2 to 3 days, but sometimes less.  Little red pimple-like bumps appear on the back of my hands and also in the webs of my fingers -- usually both hands.  The palms of my hands have a bunch of red dots, but unlike the small red pimple-like bumps on the back of my hands and in the webs of my fingers, the red dots on my palms are under the skin.  They also appear on the palm side of my hand, but under the skin of the fingers.  Sometimes they cluster and form what look like red blotches under the palms.  There's an episode of itchiness at nite sometimes, while I sleep, and I find myself scratching.  Then in the next morning everything I have described tends to appear.  Water and washing seems to brighten them and make them really stand out.  It's very unsightly and I am embarrased to go to work!  Sometimes the soles of my feet also itch and I do believe I see a few red dots, similar to the ones in the webs of my fingers.   I can't figure out what's going on, and it's been happening for at least 4 or 5 months now....coming and going.  

Also, I don't know if this is related, but I also experienced vertigo one morning about 2 months ago (about 3 months AFTER the hand rashes started to come and go), followed by a bad headache and ear ringing.  I went to an ENTdoctor, who did a CT scan, MRI scan, and an ENG test (to check for abnormal nystagmus), and everything came back clean -- no issues.  He thinks I may have had labyrinthitis and benign positional vertigo.  The vertigo is gone now, but the ear ringing is still there, and sometimes I feel stuffiness in my ears and some headaches.

I had a physical in January 2010, and everything checked out okay.  No diabetes, no cholesterol issues.

Is it possible all these symptoms I describe are part of something much bigger?  Or do the hand rash issues and vertigo issues sound un-related to one another?  

Thank you so much!