Weird Red Rash

This forum is for questions regarding Dermatology - rashes, acne, birthmarks, skin infections, rosacea, and general skin care.

Weird Red Rash

I've had a rash that has been bothering me for years now. Every time I get nervous or if it starts to get warm my body temperature goes up like crazy and a red rash with raised bumps (looks a lot like heat rash) come up on some parts of my skin (always in different places) and I feel a sort of stinging/slight burning. It happens and goes away in a period of 15-30 minutes. I think it may have something to do with sweat because whenever that happens I am in situations where I am supposed to sweat but I am unable to (and usually that's where the rash comes in), whereas most of the time when I am doing nothing I start sweating excessively. What is this rash? And does it have anything to do with thyroid problems (just wondering)?
It sounds like hives to me.