Weird bruise like circular blotch on my forehand

This forum is for questions regarding Dermatology issues, such as: rashes, acne, birthmarks, skin infections, rosacea, and general skin care.

I have this strange bruise like circular mark on the back of my hand that has been there for more than 2 weeks. Only half of the circumference is red, the rest is just a darker tone of my skin. Its assymetrical and has no clear shape. I also believe its growing, but that could just be my paranoia. It started off as really red and bigger than what it is now and 2 days ago the skin on the red parts started to peel off. Now the redness is a lot more dull, but it's darker than my skin. The red part is getting raw and lustrous which worries me. If I apply pressure to it the redness goes away, but the darker skin still remains which made me think it was a bruise at first. I'm starting to think it's a form of precancer. I posted a picture of the lesion below.
http://img109.imageshack.us/img109/9986/dsc00025uo.jpg

Heres the picture.
It can be granuloma annulare. Granuloma annulare is a chronic disease consisting of a rash with reddish bumps arranged in a circle or ring. Usually it is asymptomatic but due to cosmetic disfigurement topical or oral steroids may be needed.

It is very difficult to precisely confirm a diagnosis without examination and investigations and the answer is based on the medical information provided. For exact diagnosis, you are requested to consult your dermatologist. I sincerely hope that helps. Take care and please do keep me posted on how you are doing.

Well, it seems like part of the lesion is now turning a pinkish white, but it doesnt escape the border. It's like if it was "coloring within the lines" with a pinkish white color. The pink seems to grow more and more onto the lesion. I'm really starting to get worried now. It does seem like granuloma annulare, but does granuloma turn from red to brown to pinkish white?
The appearance of granuloma annulare can vary from papules to annular plaques to large, discolored patches with a variety of coloration from yellow to violaceous. Many other differentials are there and the diagnosis can be confirmed only after examination and biopsy skin. You should get it examined from a dermatologist and discuss the treatment options with him

I hope it helps. Take care and regards.

Will this go away in time? I've read granuloma annulare is usually benign and self-limited. I won't be able to afford a dermatologist for a while.