Weird bump on outer lip.

This forum is for questions regarding Dermatology issues, such as: rashes, acne, birthmarks, skin infections, rosacea, and general skin care.

Weird bump on outer lip.

I had this weird skin colored bump on my upper outer lip between the skin and lip and i didn't think anything of it until i picked a little at it one day and it got really red. So i left it alone for a while but it was bugging me too much so i keep at it. It looked slightly like a pimple but it wouldn't go away. One day there was like this slightly white this over it and i picked it off and the squeezed it and more of this white stuff came out (As if it was a pimple). Eventually this stopped and now it is just slightly red with what looks like a crater in the middle (where the white stuff came out). It does no hurt at all so I don't think that it is a cold sore I have not kissed anyone. I have had it for about 3 weeks and it is driving me crazy. Is it just acne or should I get it checked out?
It can be due to an infected hair follicle, a boil or a cyst. Keep the area clean and apply some topical antiseptics. Also use an antibacterial soap or mild soap like dove. Avoid any kind of cosmetics. Topical antibiotics such as mupirocin or neomycin containing ointment are also useful.

If the symptoms persist then get it evaluated from a dermatologist as you may need oral antibiotics.
It is very difficult to precisely confirm a diagnosis without examination and investigations and the answer is based on the medical information provided. For exact diagnosis, you are requested to consult your dermatologist. I sincerely hope that helps. Take care and please do keep me posted on how you are doing.

More Info:
I was using this face wash for a while but it wasn't really helping my skin but since I stopped it the bump has gotten slightly pinker. Should I try using the face wash again? I don't want to use the word red because It was red before and its not that same color. I also didn't mention that it is fairly small and can't be seen at a distance because it is the same color as my lip (but slightly above and slightly on). and the only time that it has hurt was wen I picking at it which I have stopped for at least the past week.
If you have any suggestions please tell.
Thank you.
Chances are there that it can be a cyst or a small benign skin growth. Follow the treatment which I have mentioned and if it still persists then get it evaluated from a dermatologist. Blocked sebaceous glands, swollen hair follicles and excessive testosterone production will cause cysts.

Generally no treatment is required but they become painful then it means they are infected, then surgical excision by traditional wide excision, minimal excision, and punch biopsy excision may be required.
It is very difficult to precisely confirm a diagnosis without examination and investigations and the answer is based on the medical information provided. For exact diagnosis, you are requested to consult your doctor. I sincerely hope that helps. Take care and please do keep me posted on how you are doing.