Weird rash

This forum is for questions regarding Dermatology issues, such as: rashes, acne, birthmarks, skin infections, rosacea, and general skin care.

Weird rash

So I'm an avid exerciser who has been dealing with a weird rash for 2 months now. At first I thought it was part of a yeast infection I had (the rash is spotty and only near my pubic bone region/mons). Then I assumed it had to do with shaving (I've been trying to let my hair grow out a bit down there since I was getting a lot of infections when I would shave and then workout). It sort of comes and goes and I notice it most when I'm wearing jeans, underwear that seems to wedge in places, or there is a lot of friction or sweating from working out. Healthy otherwise and no history of STDs. I also noticed this rash showed up after a stint with cellulitis (could that be related?). It's only near my pubic bone (no where else). It often looks like the spotty rash you get when your neck or chest is flushed. No bumps, no welts, no itching, no pain, no other symptoms. It also seems that if I touch my skin there it gets irritated and red and rashy again. I have OCD and anxiety, so I'm wondering if my anxiety has anything to do with it. It seems so show up there when I'm stressed or anxious. But I just find it strange that my skin can look perfectly fine and then I touch it or rub the skin and it immediately becomes red and rashy. Does anyone know what's going on? Is this contact dermatitis, hives, heat rash, external yeast infection or jock itch? I feel like I'm going crazy.
I would try neem soap and those underwear that athletes use to avoid chafing, like UnderArmour.