Dermatology Expert Forum
Weird rash on the side of my stomach
About This Forum:

This forum is for questions regarding Dermatology issues, such as: rashes, acne, birthmarks, skin infections, rosacea, and general skin care. All questions will be answered by a medical professional.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Weird rash on the side of my stomach

Hi, I'm a 29 year old guy. About 7 days ago I developled some weird rashes on the side of my stomach that go from the bottom of my armpit to around the bottom of my belly button. They looked like small blotches of raised skin light red in color. They seem to be going away but I can't tell. I started freaking out so I started reading about shingles and most articles I read about them say that shingls itch and hurt and these don't but they don't seem to want to go away or it's taking really long. Now they look more like discloration blotches and are not raised too much or some are not raised up at all really. I don't know if this has anything to do with it but maybe you can tell me. About 2 months ago I started working out pretty heavily about 3 hours a day. A month into the workout I started recording an album with my band and I worked about 12 hours a day on top of that. So I was working from 7 in the morning to about 7 at night then I would work out for about 3 hours then go record untill 3 in the morning. And I did it for about 3 weeks. Started stressing about the record and started getting sick. A slight cold but kept on pushing my body and not stoping. The rashes came about a week after I stoped my hectick schedule. And I've been stressing ever since about them. I have that type of personality. I guess you can call me a hypo. I always think that what I have could be the worse. I rarely get sick tho, I can go years without getting a cold but when something like this happens I can't stop thinking about and it and what it could be and it drives me insane. I've noticed that i've been a little more tired lately but Im not sure if that's due to what's causing the rash or if it's me stressing so much about it. What do you think this rash might be and what are the signs that it could be something serious? Thank you in advance.