Weird spot on my thigh
Hello!

I have a weird spot on my skin that has come and gone twice in the past 2-3 years.  The has come back both times on my left thigh and it seems to randomly disappear.  Please have look at the following link for a picture of what I'm talking about:  http://tinypic.com/r/2laaafn/6

Any help in identifying / treating this would be greatly appreciated.  Thanks in advance.

JC
Any thought?
Such a rash which appears and disappears is hives. The most likely triggers for acute urticaria (hives) are allergies, allergies to medicines,Viral infections, , dental and sinus infections, fungal infections, blood transfusions and vaccines. But sometimes hives may be idiopathic.
The standard treatment of hives is oral antihistaminics and topical steroids. Oral antihistaminics relieve itching and you can get them over the counter but some of them may cause drowsiness, hence it should be taken under a medical guidance. Topical steroids and oral steroids are available by prescription from a dermatologist.

It is very difficult to precisely confirm a diagnosis without examination and investigations and the answer is based on the medical information provided. For exact diagnosis, you are requested to consult your doctor. I sincerely hope that helps. Take care and please do keep me posted on how you are doing.