Wet, Red, Itchy Scrotum

This forum is for questions regarding Dermatology issues, such as: rashes, acne, birthmarks, skin infections, rosacea, and general skin care.

Wet, Red, Itchy Scrotum

Im a 17 year old Male and for the past few months my scrotum and inside thigh are has been getting really red, wet and itchy.

My thighs:
The only way i can describe the itchyness on the inside of my thighs is there appears to be strech marks that have been split open. But i wake up in the morning and the marks have been covered by a thin white substance, that is extremely itchy and rubs off quite easily.

My scrotum:
My scrotum will be very itchy and i think i scratch it in my sleep because i wake up in the morning with a very red scrutom. It gets really itchy, but painfull at the same time. It is very wet at this point. But i try to ignore it during the day and it seems to dry out because i get home and my scrotum is very white and dry. But it get itchy and the skin peels very easily and ill get a red/ wet scrotum again.

This is not an STI
I havnt applied anything to it, i cannot show this to my parents. Please tell me what to do.
What you have described sounds very like 'jock itch' or tinea cruris, try looking it up. If so it is easily treated with over the counter antifungal medication.
Precisely because fungal infections like this are very common (and easy to catch) you shouldn't be embarassed about it and if you have any doubts you should see a doctor.
I cannot confirm anything without examination but it can be fungal infection or intertrigo. It most commonly occurs due to bacterial,viral or fungal infection. An intertrigo usually appears red and raw-looking, and may also itch, ooze, and be sore.
Keep the area clean and apply some topical antiseptics. Also wear loose-fitting cotton clothing and use an antibacterial soap or mild soap like dove. Avoid any kind of cosmetics. Topical zinc oxide cream like Sudocrem, Desitin are very helpful(apply with a paper towel and not directly with hands).Application of mild steroid cream like dermacort also helps. For the itching please take some over the counter antihistaminic like benadryl or Claritin. In case the symptoms persist then antifungals may be needed. Please consult a dermatologist in that case.

I hope it helps. Take care and regards.