What Are These Red Spots All Over Me?

This forum is for questions regarding Dermatology issues, such as: rashes, acne, birthmarks, skin infections, rosacea, and general skin care.

What Are These Red Spots All Over Me?

During the past two weeks i have noticed these red spot appear all over my lower back....they resemble hickeys. some are just dots others are circles. they are extremely painful and they are continuously spreading to different areas such as my legs, stomach, butt and now my arms. i need to find out what this is so i can actually get up and do things. im in so much pain i lay in bed most of the day.
I just watched a show on television that had a teenager who had the same thing.  He had red bumps appearing on his skin that were painful.   I am sorry but I don't have good news for you.   What he had was called TTP (thrombotic thrombocytopenic purpura).  It is a blood clotting disorder which if not treated can lead to death.  I don't want to scare you, maybe that is not what you have, but if you do you need to go see your doctor asap!  If the pain is really bad you might be in the last stages and need to go the ER now.    Look this up on the internet, type in TTP and read about it and look at the pictures.  PLEASE keep in touch, I am concerned.  I wish you the best and pray this is NOT what you have.   :(
btw- they are not raised bumps, they are flat discolored circles or patches.  
my mom has thes e dark red blemishes on her arms they can come and go but mostly stay on her arms . i just need help finding out what they are ??