What Is This Red Patch On My Leg?
2 weeks ago, a red patch appeared on my lower left calve. Then, I compared it to a penny, it was half the size.

It's definitely not ring worm because my sister had it before and I remember it distinctly, the look.

http://img94.imageshack.us/img94/3096/99886507.jpg

Also, I tried cortisone cream on it and it has not helped. I don't have any infection. It is not raised and it does not feel like anything. It looks like a giant red birth mark. It's not even itchy or scaly.

We decided to watch it to see if it got bigger. Now, it is a little bigger than a penny.

Do you think this is something serious? I got laid off so I don't have health insurance.
Any ideas?
I hate to tell you but ringworm comes in all shapes and sizes.... I have one on my back that is exactly as it is described...a round ring, itchy, clear in the middle....then another one looks like yours...then another one looks like a red bump, then another one looks like a red itchy dry patch, and the last one looks shiny and round but just bumps....So, as you can see, it could be a ringworm...and hydrochortisone cream won't help....get tea tree oil and tea tree oil soap.....and some anti fungal cream.....good luck...and don't scratch it or it will spread like wild fire....
It does not itch. It does not feel like anything at all! I already got an antifungal cream. It is not ringworm.
It is very difficult to confirm a diagnosis but since the spot is non itchy and increasing in size, hence it needs to be evaluated from a dermatologist. It can be dermatitis skin but other possibilities need to be ruled out as well.

It is very difficult to precisely confirm a diagnosis without examination and investigations and the answer is based on the medical information provided. For exact diagnosis, you are requested to consult your dermatologist. I sincerely hope that helps. Take care and please do keep me posted on how you are doing.

Thanks Doc,

I have been getting a workup for MS for the last 9 months. I have a possible/probable diagnosis but still in the process. Also, they think I might have an IBD so I don't know if this is related or not. Thank you. I will bring it up to my doc.

did you ever work out what this is ??