What are these itchy red bumps/bites on my feet and ankles?
I have about 20-30 itchy red bumps that appear like mosquito bites after a run last night. These cannot be mosquito bites since my feet were covered, but look and itch similarly. A few weeks ago I was on vacation in FL and had the same issue, but the bumps & itchiness started going away within 3-4 days. I'm sure the same will happen this time, but need to know what is causing this issue? Thanks for any thoughts.

These itchy red bumps can be due to allergic contact dermatitis to the shoes or stasis dermatitis. You can take some OTC oral antihistamine medications like Benadryl or Claritin and see if it helps.

For mild-moderate symptoms a weak steroid may be used whilst more severe cases require a higher-potency steroid. But they are available under prescription and should be taken only after consulting a dermatologist.

It is very difficult to precisely confirm a diagnosis without examination and investigations and the answer is based on the medical information provided. For exact diagnosis, you are requested to consult your doctor. I sincerely hope that helps. Take care and please do keep me posted on how you are doing.

Thank you Doctor.  As with the first occurrence, the bumps are disappearing after using antibiotic ointment, hydrocortisone, and allergy meds (generic Claritin).  I have also washed & used my running shoes once since then with no worsening of the bumps.  Will keep you updated...