What are these pimple-looking bumps in back of my head?!
I have had these pimple-looking bumps in back of my head for a couple years now. They seem to respond to acne meds but they never really go away-the redness and swelling jus goes down. Theres lk a cluster of them right in the middle of the back of my head about 3inches above my neck. Any thoughts??  Ive heard that 'big' people get them, but im a healthy 21yr old, 5' 8" 165lbs and exercise regularly.
I cannot confirm anything without examination,but it can be due to Acne keloidalis nuchae.It occurs when hairs on the back of the head and neck grow into the skin, become inflamed, and cause scar tissue. These ingrown hairs usually occur following a short haircut on the back of the head and nape of the neck.

Treatment of AKN includes suppression of the inflammation with antibiotics and steroid gels or intralesional steroid injections.So apply antibiotic cream like Neosporin or bactroban.If the symptoms persist then oral antibiotics and steroids may be needed.Pls consult a dermatologist in that case.

Larger bumps of AKN present for a while or if not responding to treatments may need surgical removal.

Hope it helps. Take care and pls do keep me posted on how you are doing or if you have any additional queries.Kind regards.

people just a thought here. i had the same kind of bumps on my head and also got a boil on myu knee thats when i went to my general doctor. the first thing he did was take a swab sample of the bumps and tested it for STAFF infection and sure enough.
  Apparently skin staff infections amongst healthy people is on the rise every where. It use to be common only in people with compromised immune systems. Not any more according to the medical professionals.
   You must be tested for this as it can become a very serious issue even life threatening should it find it's way into your blood stream.
  Any type of reoccuring bumps any where on the skin weather it SCALP or KNEE or NECK have it checked . It is simple fast easy cheap.