What are these raised hard spots/bumps on the skin of my legs
I have 3 small raised hard bumps/spots on the skin of my legs which have been there over a year. First they were white and now they have gone red. What are they and is there anyway of removing them? I have been told they are caused by a virus and can remain on the skin for years
Without examination, confirmation of a diagnosis is tough but it can be contact dermatitis, rash due to friction rub, folliculitis, cysts ,molluscum contagiosum (multiple, small, dome-shaped papules, often with a central depression or plug) or genital warts(caused by HPV infection).

Apply warm compresses, Neosporin ointment and calamine lotion and avoid messing with it. You  can take anti-inflammatory pain killers like ibuprofen or acetaminophen. If the lumps persist then it will be best to get it evaluated from a dermatologist.

It is very difficult to precisely confirm a diagnosis without examination and investigations and the answer is based on the medical information provided. For exact diagnosis, you are requested to consult your dermatologist. I sincerely hope that helps. Take care and please do keep me posted on how you are doing.

Hello

Thank you for taking the time to respond to my question.

After your feed back I went to the GP and got confirmation the 2 bumps were as you suggested molluscum contagiosum.

I was not given anything to eradicate the bumps and have since found out treatments do exist. Which would you recommend? I have had the red bumps for over a year and really would like to remove them as they do not look very pleasent.
Lozza253
It is good that you have been diagnosed. In adults, molluscum infections are often sexually transmitted and can transmit from one site to other skin sites by autoinocultaion. Treatment includes physical destruction or manual extrusion of the lesions, cryotherapy, and curettage. You can discuss these treatment options with a dermatologist.

I hope it helps. Take care and regards.