Dermatology Community
What are these tiny red dots and how do I get rid of them ?
About This Community:

This forum is for questions regarding Dermatology issues, such as: rashes, acne, birthmarks, skin infections, rosacea, and general skin care.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

What are these tiny red dots and how do I get rid of them ?

I have had these tiny red dots on my skin for as long as I can remember. They useually go away after a while. Only on my hands arms and face. If you stretch the skin they disappear. I also had one on the edge of my lip when I was in middle school but I bit my lip one day and it bleed alot but went away. My whole family has them and now I have one on the end of my nose so I look like a clown. How can I get rid of them at home I dont have money for a dermatologist?
Tags: red dots
Related Discussions
Hi,
Cherry angiomas, or cherry hemangiomas, are cherry red papules on the skin containing an abnormal proliferation of blood vessels.

Cherry angiomas are made up of clusters of tiny capillaries at the surface of the skin, forming a small round dome ("papule"), which may be flat topped. They range in colour from bright red to purple. When they first develop, they may be only a tenth of a millimeter in diameter and almost flat, but they usually grow to about one or two millimeters across.
Because the blood vessels comprising an angioma are so close to the skin's surface, cherry angiomas may bleed profusely if they are injured.

On the rare occasions that they require removal, traditionally cryosurgery or electrosurgery have been used. More recently pulsed dye laser treatment has also been used.
There are no home remedies for this condition. It is best that you leave them alone if they are not bothering you except for cosmetic reasons, avoid causing injury to them.

ref:http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cherry_angioma
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Dermatology Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
469720_tn?1388149949
Blank