What are these white blotchy spots on my skin?
Hi, I have white blotchy marks on my skin.  About 9 months ago they showed up in small patches on my back but in the last 3 to 6 months they have spread all over my back, on my shoulders, up my neck and in small concentrated areas on my breasts.  When I'm hot or sweating, they turn to a pinkish color and are raised, though they are usually just unirritated white splotches.  How do I get rid of them?  And is that head and shoulders rumor really true?

This discussion is related to white spots on skin espeicially when i sweat.

This discoloration could be the result of a fungal infection called Tinea versicolor. Tinea versicolor or pityriasis versicolor is a common skin infection caused by the yeast Malassezia furfur . This yeast is normally found on the human skin and only becomes troublesome under certain circumstances, such as a warm and humid environment.

It presents with oval or irregularly-shaped spots of 1/4 to 1 inch in diameter, often merging together to form a larger patch, which makes the skin appear blotchy. The rash is pale, dark tan, or pink in color, which takes on a reddish undertone that can darken when the body is overheated, such as in a hot shower or during/after exercise.

These spots commonly affect the back, underarm, upper arm, chest, lower legs, and neck. The diagnosis can be made under a microscope where the yeasts can often be seen with a characteristic appearance.

Treatment is with topical antifungal medications  containing either 2.5% selenium sulfide or 2% ketoconazole (Nizoral ointment and shampoo) applied to dry skin and washed off after 10 minutes, repeated daily for 2 weeks. Recurrence is common and may be reduced by intermittent application of topical agents (such as tea tree oil) or adding a small amount of anti-dandruff shampoo to water used for bathing.

ref:http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tinea_versicolor
I have the exact same blotchy white spots on my chest, and i'm also half asian (thai). Is it serious enough to just heal on my own?
I have the same symptoms, I've had then for a while now. It has spread across my chest and now I have a bleached spot on my upper lip and on my shoulder. The dry raised patches are easier to see in yellow our backlight lighting. If it's this fungus, can you spread it too someone else?
Hi my name is maegen mcqueen and i have these white spots on my arma,legs,and stomach they are not raised but they do itch sometimes and are very imberrising.. some of them are bigger then others some are small and i have heard they can get to cover your whole body I would really love to know a treatment that i can cure them myself.. so if u can please help me with them i would very greatly appreciate that thank you guys so much.
i have the same spots on my arms and stomach and legs and i have tryed everything to get rid of them but nuthing is working.
This could be a result of Vitiligo. Your pigmentation could be disappearing on parts of your skin.