What are white patches with pin point red dots

This forum is for questions regarding Dermatology issues, such as: rashes, acne, birthmarks, skin infections, rosacea, and general skin care.

I have small white patches of skin common yes but in the white patches are small pinpoint red dots at first I thought it was tinea veriscolor. I've tried different creams but nothing has help. I've researched as much as I can and still haven't found anything like this please help!
Two possibilities are there for such depigementation. Firstly,it can be due to tinea versicolor. Tinea versicolor is caused by a fungus that lives in the skin of almost all adults. Factors that can cause the fungus to become more visible include high humidity and immune or hormone abnormalities.Treatment involves topical and oral antifungal medicines.

Second possibility is of vitiligo. It is a pigmentation disorder in which melanocytes (the cells that make pigment) in the skin are destroyed. As a result, white patches appear on the skin in different parts of the body. Diagnosis can be confirmed by external examination, blood tests to check skin cell count for melanocytes and biopsy of the skin patches. My sincere advice is to consult a dermatologist and get the diagnosis confirmed.
I hope it helps. Take care and please do keep me posted in case you have any additional doubts. Kind regards.