Dermatology Community
What can i do about my vaginal vitilago?
About This Community:

This forum is for questions regarding Dermatology issues, such as: rashes, acne, birthmarks, skin infections, rosacea, and general skin care.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

What can i do about my vaginal vitilago?

I was diagnosed with vitilago about two years ago. It started out as a small patch on my vagina. It is now covering the inside of my vaginal area, and moving upwards on my buttocks. My bottom lip is also changing colors, and moving down towards my chin. My Dr. says there is no cure, but i keep reading articles of different treatments. What can I do?
Related Discussions
Hi,

Vitiligo is a chronic skin disease that causes loss of pigment, resulting in irregular pale patches of skin. The cause of vitiligo is not fully understood but a combination of auto-immune, genetic, and environmental factors have been implicated.

Each patient responds differently to therapy, and a particular treatment may not work for everyone. In mild cases, vitiligo patches can be hidden with makeup or other cosmetic camouflage solutions. The traditional treatment given by most dermatologists is corticosteroid cream. Other options such as phototherapy may also be beneficial. Surgical therapies such as skin grafts or micropigmantation must be considered only after proper medical therapy is provided. This link may be helpful: http://www.medicinenet.com/vitiligo/article.htm

Take care and regards.
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Dermatology Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
469720_tn?1388149949
Blank