What causes wrinkled finger tips all the time?

This forum is for questions regarding Dermatology issues, such as: rashes, acne, birthmarks, skin infections, rosacea, and general skin care.

I am a 27 yr old female and i have noticed that the skin on my fingertips is wrinkled all the time(like i just got out of the bath).  I noticed it several weeks age.  I don't think i am dehydrated.  I put lotion on everynight and have for many years.  What could be causing them to stay wrinkled?
The skin on the surface of your fingers and toes is different from the skin covering the rest of your body. It’s thicker due to constant contact, abrasion, and pressure. Your fingertips and toetips contain networks of dense, tough connective tissue. This tough tissue anchors the outer skin to the underlying layers known as the “dermis.”
If you soak in water long enough, protective oils get depleted from your skin. Water can leak in to your skin after awhile. In warm water like in a bathtub or pool, the thick skin on your fingers and toes tends to absorb water and swell. But this swelling doesn’t happen uniformly.
Instead, the regions of skin that are most heavily anchored from below will remain lower than the more softened and swollen regions. The result – those temporary wrinkles on your fingers and toes. Other parts of your skin don’t have the same densely-reinforced design – so, no matter how much you soak, the rest of your skin tends to stay smooth.
ref:http://www.earthsky.org/faq/after-a-long-bath-why-do-your-fingertips-look-wrinkled
In your case the skin of your palms maybe devoid of oils(do spend a lot of time in the water during the day), so the same re-action is seen.
I had the same thing.  For other symptoms and relatives having those other symptoms (they didn't have the wrinkled finger symptom), I told my doctor to check for a thyroid problem.  I didn't know the fingers were related to that problem, but when I got on the thyroid medicine the wrinkles went away.  Most doctors don't even know about that symptom as a sign to check the thyroid.  
It seems like you might not have understood chrissybill's question? Her wrinkles appeared without water. I have the same condition and I would love info on that. Mine started out as a bit sore and then progressed to this wrinkled affect -- first with the thumbs and now the other digits as well. I will look into the thyroid issue. Do you have any other insight? Thanks so much.
ChrisJ
I also have this problem with finger tips and cant find any information it comes and goes mostly on right hand but happens on the left hand as well. It started about 6 weeks ago. I will go to my Dr soon if I cant find information on my own.

Todd
My hands had the wrinkling like crissybill as well, then it turned to cracking, bleeding, scaling/peeling and painful. I have to constantly keep bandaids on. Once I get them almost healed and the new skin isn't peeling anymore, it starts all over again. I do have eczema on the tops of my fingers and I use a topical cream for that but the cracking on my fingertips doesn't seem to be affected by the cream. I try to do minimal had washing and switched to a milder soap. This really got bad once I started breastfeeding back in May of this year. Any advise? Do you think the breastfeeding has anything do do with it? My ARNP says that when you breastfeed you are in a constant state of dehydration. I have been to a dermatologist and have been through 3+ different creams and nothing is helping.
My fingers aren't actually wrinkled in appearance but for just over a week, they have permanently felt slightly numb with exactly the same sensation as if I have just got out of the bath. I am also breastfeeding, and have no idea what could be causing this. It is horrible as my hands feel numb permanently.
My fingers have been wrinkled for months now.  It first started with one finger on my left hand and now all my fingers on my left hand are wrinkles. The strange thing is that there are no wrinkled fingers on my right hand.  Im starting to get paranoid about this now and need someone to ease my mind that i dont have a medical condition.  Can someone help?
It went away, I dont know what it was.
i have suffered from a similar condition. problem started with what looked like tiny blisters on my thumb and index finger (left hand). this has progressed to wrinkly look on thumb and first three fingers (left hand). apart from the fact it looks at bit funny it hadnt caused me any problems until two weeks ago when i started to lose sensitivity in those finger tips. spoke to my dermatologist when i was in gettin my moles checked and he tried to tell me i had excema. not likely! any info would be very much appreciated.
In the past month, I also have experienced pain/tingling at the end of my fingers, and just in the past week they are wrinkling.  I was glad to see others had this as well, but I have no idea what it could be.  There is also a slight pain inside the fingernail, as if I had stuck a sharp object under there and then pulled it out.  It started out on my right hand, then went to the left, and now the left is worse than the right and the right is fading.  I also notice that the more pain and tingling I have, the more wrinkles there are.  Did you ever get an answer to this?  I'm beginning to freak out a little.
Same problem here.  It started out with very sensitive fingertips on my right hand.  Then it started to crack in the wrinkled part even though I kept them moisturized multiple times throughout the day.  Now the cracks are healed, but the skin is very wrinkled and feels slightly sensitive to the touch.  

I was starting to think it was from Zincofac that I've been applying to our newborn's bottom after changing his diaper.  But I stopped using it for a few weeks now and there is no change in the wrinkles.  I

This is more of a cosmetic issue than anything else but I'd love to get rid of it.  Sick of my fingers looking like they are 80 years old!
can doctors please respondsto all the guestions from the people on this page
I have severe Candiasis, aka Candida.  One of my symptoms is wrinkled fingertips, usually on my left hand.  Sometimes it gets so bad they crack, and it's very painful.  But since I've been on a sugar, yeast free diet (kills candida) for a couple months now, I hardly have that happen anymore.

Check into Candida... see if the symptom list matches other ailments you've been experiencing -- most common are GI issues, ongoing yeast infection, weight loss (body not absorbing nutrients), and more...  
What happened to the good Dr.? He misunderstands the question, gives a stupid irrelevent answer and never comes back? Geez!
Did all the women with wrinkled fingertips have a c-section recently?
Never had a C-Section and my youngest child is 17 years old
I am a registered nurse and found that I have had wrinkling that makes it appear that my fingers have been soaking in water for a long time also.  This is the only sign of change and I have no other associated symptoms.  I have normal labs (full chem panel, including TSH, T4 and CBC with diff) and no known underlying medical condition which affects fluid balance.  I am not using harsh chemicals and have no known allergies.  
I am concerned as the lines seemed to appear rather suddenly.  No less than 3 months ago, I had nice rounded finger tips and now the fat pads are shrunken.  I am thin and petite in my early 60s with a low normal BMI.  I am very fit and work out lifting weights and doing cardio.  
Could age be a factor?  No changes in any supplements any medication (which is minimal).  Just curious if there is something I could be missing.  I will discuss this with my own primary care doc and dermatologist.  The bottom line is, should I be concerned enough to make an appointment with either outside of my next follow up (about a year from now)?  Thank you.
I have the same thing happening small creases covering the palmns of my hands and occasional numbness and tingling, It has been driving me crazy!! I was wondering since most of the women on here have had babies recently, have you all been using hand sanitizer constantly like me? I was thinking that might be it! Has for the Q I have had a Csection but it was 17 mnths ago!! Someone please help, Im worried this is weird....
Wrinkles on your fingertips, can be caused from sweating fingers. Before I sprayed my Pc mouse with 9 coats of Clear Lacquer to cover the plastic, my plastic allergy, "although mild allergy compare to the other synthetics" this mild allergy to the plastic caused the mouse to make my finger tips and palm to sweat. And the sweating so much, for me being on the PC so long all the time, made my fingers get wrinkled at the tips. Same theory as being in the bath tub too long. Only instead of water it is sweat. Key here would be fingers are wet too long.
I also got some tingling. However, even though I usually itch when touching an allergen like plastic or polyester, my fingers have a heavy skin for I am a man and have tough hands. But anyways, my thumb sweat the most from this and the skin on it got a big spot that blistered and peeled, over and over.
So the only input I can give here is excessive hand sweating, and/or prolonged sweating is causing this. Sweating at the point of an allergen contact is one symptom of this ACD condition.
But to say that is what is making this happen to you people is to guess.
So ask yourself, Do my hands sweat while holding the mouse. And is the sweating from the plastic or just from holding the hand and fingers on a non absorbing surface, which would maybe make them sweat. And then ask yourself, "Do my hands sweat that much or at all when I hold other things which are non absorbent? And "do they sweat with absorbent things I hold, leaving this surface of "whatever I am hold" damp or wet from sweat?"
If the answer to that is no, or only other synthetics like polyester, vinyl, plastics. then the answer becomes clearer.
Ask yourself also "Do my feet sweat a lot when I wear colored socks? Because this happens to people and not for the color. The body doesn't sweat from colors. It sweats because colored socks are polyester or have plenty in them. All cotton colored socks fade and get pilly. And white socks are mostly cotton or at least 80% cotton, and absorb what little sweat 2-20% polyester makes one sweat.
Or do your feet sweat or itch a lot from the shoes? These are reactions that come and go. But one thing is for sure folks. Plastic allergy is very real. Although mild for most compared to other synthetics, or higher quality plastics.
This condition I have is called Allergic contact dermatitis. Defined as a delayed reaction from contact with an allergen. However the sweating in not delayed, or at least fairly quick compared to the rashes, redness, swelling, and other syptoms (symptoms).
I hope this shed some light for you. Consider it, but do not stop your quest here.
Masking tape over the mouse helps me too. That is what I did before spraying it to see. And it helped for the most part. However some does go through the tape. You have to cut the gaps between the bottons, and around them with a razor so it funtions okay. Also note that the wheel being a synthetic may do the same thing to you if you use it. So don't during testing. And if this it it, then you have a mild allergy to plastic.
Thus you can clear coat with a non allergen which is very hard to block out allergen. But it bleeds into the clearcoat if it is not fast drying. So use Lacquer, For those properties. And 9 thin coats will be enough!
Hint: I have done this clear coat to my keyboard, mouse, telephone, desk top surface, and every other hard synthetic in my house that I have to touch. As well as vinyl,,,, well you get the point.
Please report back! :)
The wrinkling on my fingertips happens more when I am cold, not sweating.
Becky8171
Hi Guys

I have this problem also and I urge you all to go and see your doctor as this can be a sign of a connective tissue disorder such as Raynauds syndrome, scleroderma, CREST, lupus etc and I find it very interesting that so many of you are female and with young children/babies as mine also occured after having my daughter, now two.  Connective tissue problems run in my family and are tricky to diagnose with many GP's not having a clue.  It has taken us nearly 6 years to get my mum diagnosed, but the point is early treatment is really crucial.  Try also looking up a supplement called MSM which I am about to start taking.

I would be interested to find out if any of you feel you are extra sensitive to cold or pain or have aching joints.  Do you suffer with cold hands and feet?  If so there is probably a link between that and fingertip wrinkles.  It can be a hormone or collagen problem - the underlying cause being a connective tissue problem.  Some are very mild, some are quite severe and its a fairly recently recognised condition.  

I hope this has been useful, please keep in touch if poss!

Nicola
Has anyone with wrinkled fingertips/hands been prescribed one or more quinolone antibiotics - Cipro, Levaquin, or Avelox - in the last year or so? These drugs have been linked to connective tissue damage, which often does not appear for months afterward.
Thanks for your post! The wrinkles on my fingertips happen more often in the cold and when I'm stressed. My fingertips also get red, not purple like Reynaud’s but I'm wondering if it's just a matter of time.  

My hands are almost always cold, although, I have hypothyroidism).
I definitely think I have some sort of connective tissue disorder, because I've also developed bumps on my eyelids and the skin around my eyes, by my nose looks like the cells are spreading apart and the skin is getting thinner (hard to explain).

Question: you said early treatment is crucial; what type of treatments are there for connective tissue disorders?

My son has the condition. He is 48 years old. He thought it was related to old neck injury caused from wrestling while in high school.
My husband and I have been on a low fat diet for 7 months now. About 2 months ago I started to notice the wrinkling on my index fingertips. Since then it seems to be spreading out to my other fingertips. My husband also had wrinkling on his fingertips. We are in our early to mid fourties. No thyroid problems, no connective tissue disorders, cold hands an feet, but only when it is cold out or when we are tired.
Has anyone else been on a low fat diet?
I'm 27, and I also have wrinkled fingers (2 months now).  I thought it was from being cold or dry in the winter but noticing this post, I'm not so sure now.  I'm a vegetarian and marathon runner but have been that way for five years so I don't know why so sudden did my fingers wrinkle.  I'm wasn't too worried until I spoke to a nurse and then I read this.  I guess I should get blood work done right?
I'm 27, and I also have wrinkled fingers (2 months now).  I thought it was from being cold or dry in the winter but noticing this post, I'm not so sure now.  I'm a vegetarian and marathon runner but have been that way for five years so I don't know why so sudden did my fingers wrinkle.  I wasn't too worried until I spoke to a nurse and then I read this.  I guess I should get blood work done right?
Hi all - I'm a 24 year old male and have been experiencing similar symptoms.  The fingertips look waterlogged, even though they are not.   Interestingly, my hands seem to get waterlogged quicker than usual, but my hands have always gotten waterlogged more quickly than others...or at least it seems like it.  Additionally, many lines are starting to appear horizontally, starting from the base of my thumb and moving toward the middle of the palm.  

From what I know, I have athletes foot as well.  The hands started to wrinkle after the athlete’s foot, so maybe the two are connected.  

I am going to see the DR ASAP and let you know what he thinks!
I too have the same problem. I am 30 years old, just had a C-section 4 months ago. 2 months after my cesarian I noticed my fingertips were sensitive, then they started wrinkling up. it's worse on the right hand. I have also noticed that my finger nails are not as healthy looking as they used to be reguardless of the fact that I am still taking prenatal suppliments and eat pretty health foods, organic, vegetarian, whole foods etc. This forum is really freaking me out.
I am 60 years old and noticed a few weeks ago my fingertips were all wrinkled.  I have never had that before.  It has been cold in Florida for over 2 months but I don't think that is it, my hands are not always cold.
I would appreciate it if someone could let me know what I should do or what this is.
I'm a 23 year old male and am currently being treated for chronic candidiasis. I've had wrinkled fingers for the best part of 6 months now. I think the medical term is "atrophy of the fingertips" so you might want to google that.

I know for a fact that this is commonly caused by magnesium deficiency. The lack of magnesium causes problems with microcirculation and causes the blood vessels in the hands and feet to restrict - according to my GP. If you suffer from cold hands and feet it could well be this and supplementation with magnesium could help.

It can also be caused by undiagnosed celiac disease.

I've also heard that it's apparent in about 15% of people with CFS/ME. I know that's probably not something you want to hear but it's worth looking into if you also happen to have chronic tiredness, headaches, sore throat etc.

Hope this all helps, good luck.
i am 15 years old and have had wrinkley fingers my whole life. ive gotten so paranoid over the last couple years. i keep telling myself that its just baby skin but im too old to have baby skin. my hands are always sweaty. i need help please doctors, nurses.... anyone
I have never had an issue like this before. About 3 months ago I started taking prozac for depression but have since stopped taking it as I feel better. This is the only medication I have been on ever.  During that period I was quite stressed and put the condition down to that, which is  only affecting my fingertips. They are redder than the rest of my fingers, wrinkly and crepe-like, and no matter how much moisturiser I use it does not make a difference. It started on my left thumb which I put down to plying the guitar, but is now affecting every finger tip.

I eat very healthly, exercise and enjoy a glass of wine or two a night....what is going on, is it a disease or an allergy or do I need to drink 10 litres of water a day??? Your opinions/ help would be greatly appreciated :)
Hi there i do not think that this finger wrinkled issue has anything to do with water , weither its having your hands in it or how much you are consumming in a day!  i have a the problem now for three months and nothing has changed except for the fact that it has now moved from my leeft hand to my right , i have gone to my family doctor who prescribed me cortizone (steroid cream) has NOT helped at ALL im going back to a dermatologist!! and then a herbologist
I was recently diganosed with fibromyalgia, but I've suspected a connective tissue disorder of some type for a long time.  I have a lot of bone and joint pain, one rib constantly dislocates, my knees are sloppy and have to be adjusted by a chiropractor. Then the finger pad on my left ring finger because VERY sensitive and tingly, then the skin wrinkled up.  Sometimes it looks like tiny blisters and the skin peels off.  This has been going on for about a year.  It seems to get better, then it's back again.  I'm getting really freaked out about this.  I am 31 with no kids.
How many with this issue has ever taken an SSRI or "Mood Stabilizer"?
I worked for an accountant during the tax season, helping put all of his tax returns together before sending them back to the clients.  Over the course of a month or so of TONS of handling of paper, my fingertips got very dried out.  After tax season ended I figured it would go away, but it didn't.  Over the past couple weeks they have gone from just feeling dried out to also now looking a little wrinkled, just like many in this thread have described.  I've been using a lot of lotion to try to get rid of it, but that hasn't seemed to help.  I'd REALLY like to get my fingers back to normal and get rid of this dry/wrinkled/slightly-numb fingertip problem!!  

Any doctors or other 'experts' out there have ideas..??  (Or anyone, really..?)
My fingers all look as thought they have been in water too long, not slightly but significantly. There are also horizontal lines. I first noticed the pads of my fingers, when I squeezed them they would flatten and would not fill back olut until I squeezed lower on my fingers. I've also noticed my eyes dark around them and sort of sunken. I have been extremely tired, had the thyroid tests from an endo specialist and was low normal. My hair is also extremely,extremely dry and brittle and seems to be shedding but appears there is new hair growing back. My emotions/mood /reaction has been differen sort of short tempered/panicky under the least stress and perhaps depressed.. Any help for me? What kind of Dr. should I go to? I have taken Cipro and a couple other antibotics this past year for tooth problem.  I have taken SSRI's in past. Myabe the symptoms are all related, maybe not?.
It seems as if most of the people with wrinkled fingertips consist of low fat diets. Pregnant women will watch their diets because of the child. Meaning, there is less "fatty" foods being digested. My hypothesis is based off Dr_Aparna. If short-term wrinkled fingertips are because of the water going into the pores of the skin and thus making swollen fingertips. Long-term wrinkled fingertips could be triggered because of possibly the following:
the low fat diets mean there wont be as much sweat being released from the glands in the body. The pores wont be opened and the glands will be clogged. The water will stay there and any sodium will add to the wrinkles. As for those who work out, there might be less sweat coming from the hands and more from the rest of the body depending on what the work out technique is. I remember reading about someone on an earlier post saying that they get this from sweaty hands because of plastic allergens. The irritation might release sweat to relieve the skin. A large amount of sweat means more wrinkled hands, and the sweat also contains sodium which might dry up the hands even more. There are many flaws with my theories, but I wanted to help out with this community. Do not judge me for I am only 14. If your hands are wrinkled when they are cold, that might be some reverse of the body. Possibly an autoimmune disease which releases sweat when you are cold rather than warm. Maybe it can be a neurological disorder in which the body's hormones send the wrong signals throughout the neurons. The pores will be filled with fluids in the thickest part of the skin. My possible cure for it, 3 minute water exposures every 2 hours. Avoid heavy oils such as hand sanitizers because they clog up the pores even more. Then again, what do i know?
About 5 months ago I started getting wrinkled fingertips out of the blue. Some days it is more pronounced the others and i believe definitely worse when i am cold.  I am 52 btw and did not have a C section, by kids are in their teens, and not on a low fat diet.  Now, the tips are blistering, flat blisters though and the skin is peeling and its spreading to all fingers.  Tips are also sensitive.  I also have pain in my ears.  Anyone have this.. Now  I am totally freaked after reading all of this.
It may be a parasympathetic nerve disorder...http://www3.interscience.wiley.com/journal/120098835/abstract?CRETRY=1&SRETRY=0
I heard someone say that the skin is a reflection of a persons health. I also have this problem since a few years. When it's cold or when i'm stressed. Maybe a combination of factors:
- stress in the shoulders, making blood circulation more difficult
- frequently washing of hands
- chemical imbalance due to stress that causes less of the materials needed to keep de skin flexibel and firm.
- the body natural reaction in cold to send blood to the more vital parts of the body like the head, chest, etc.

But this is just my theory. I think stress is a major factor because it tighthens the muscles and decreases circulation and causes a lot of chemical imbalances in the body.
I have wrinkled fingertips. After reading all comments, I can say yes to many of the issues raised i.e.  mood stabilizers, the one thing that noone mentioned is keyboarding.  I have done it since I was sixteen, I am now 53.  We all spend a lot of time at our computers.  Just press your finger tips on a hard surface and see the wrinkles deepen.  Just like smile lines or frown lines! Maybe its as simple as that, constant keyboarding, not any thing sinister. Just thought I'd put that out there.  I dont want to think about any nasty health issues, but I did find you guys out of curiosity and was astounded to see how common it is.  Not age, gender specific.  I am going with my theory for now !
I've had tons of weird problems---starting with knee and ankle problems when I was two.  I have "sloppy" knees too.  My first "sprain" happened when I was five---and it's happened tons of times since---I tore my ACL by simply taking a step backwards when I was pregnant.  doctors were shocked at the damage that had been done---they assumed that I had merely torn some cartilage---not torn things apart!  

I'm 54 and since being dx'd with Hashimotos over 20 years ago, my health has steadily declined.  I have been tested for Myasthenia Gravis, Lupus, Sjogren's, Cushings, and more.  

I've been found to have pituitary problems, have symptoms of adrenal tumors, and pancreatic tumors.  

I've also lost many of my teeth (others are not affected in any way---despite getting the same care).  

Recently, I have been experiencing the shriveled finger pads thing---and more recently it's been associated with joint problems in my knees and shoulders.  

I'm looking into Connective Tissue Disorders---among the other things listed (again---many tests aren't foolproof).  Interestingly enough, a woman I have known casually for years had similar problems---and I recently found out that she was dx'd with unspecified connective tissue disorder by doctors at the University of Washington in Seattle---while her mom was independently dx'd by a small town doctor in northern Arizona---who had seen a previous patient with this type of disorder.

Thanks for sharing your experiences---
Do you know what your friends treatment was/is for unspecified connective tissue disorder?

Thanks!
I've wrinkle fingers tips too since two weeks, I check out all the disease that everybody wrote and in any disease of those say anything about wrinkle finger tips, so please STOP FREAKING OUT US!!
I think our skin is thiner than the rest of the people. I see that it get worse when it's cold, during the morning, and if I used acetone on my nails. And also it get worse if I touch detergent or if I use thinner. Does anyone use some of this products? Hope this help.. By the way I'm 28, no kids, mexican, white skin
I developed the numb and wrinkled finger tips after being sick with a fever after reacting to a pneumonia injection.   I also have joint paint in my finger.   I went to a hand specialist and was tested for carpal tunnel.  Tests came back posititive showing nerve restriction in all finger tips.  Doctor said it was carpal tunnel.  Surgery is scheduled in four weeks.  For the last couple of weeks I have also had joint pain in my toes.  I'm not sure what's going on and hope that the carpal tunnel diagnose is correct.    Bren
If thats your only problem, I'd reconsider that surgery! Even if its not, please get a second opinion. Do some research on Carpel Tunnel surgery and success rates. Do some research on the number of unneccassary surgeries that are done each year.

People that actually have carpel tunnel (research that too!) and have had surgery, say it has come back afterwords. Do you have any pain in your wrists? Is it unbearable? Constant?
I have this problem as well, I'm 20 years old and am also suffering from eczema. I suspect that my wrinkled fingertips may be caused by corticosteroid cream but I used them alot when I was very young and I never had this problem, I have also been really stressed lately and I think that might be the reason why the skin isn't returning to normal, right now I have to try and get on top of my stress and see if that helps (I am pretty sure that it will). I have had atrophy of the fingertips for about 4 months now and they are red and wrinkled and they dry easily and so I have sympathy for all of you that are suffering from it. My advise is not to accept any topical steroids even if recommended by doctors because they do cause skin atrophy.
Hi there,
I'm just starting to have tingly, sore fingertips though I've suspected Candida for a long time now.  I'm especially writing because I too had a C-section almost 2 years ago and am breastfeeding.  I've always been quite healthy, but my health has gone downhill ever since the operation.  I suspect it's all the antibiotics they give you that wipe out your immune system--compounded with the damage to the dura in your spine with the epidural. MaisMommy, did you ever find anything to help?
About to embark on the candida diet. Hope it will do something to turn all this around!
I would really like to see some doctor's response to these questions.   There is a lot of speculation, and "this is what I have" here, but no informed opinions   I thought this site was "MedHelp"???
Ha! Wouldn't that be nice. So far I've only seen a doctor answer the question without fully reading the question.
Same thing with me.  Age 27. Not water related. Started at one finger, moved to the rest.  Slight numbing sensation, feels like its really thick skin. Also breastfeeding. Not using hand sanitizer. Did NOT have a c-section.
I have had the wrinkled fingertips for months now, it comes and goes during the day. I have been tested for everything, and from my bloodwork Im healthy. I have taken SSRI's in the past from 7-20. My fingers are also numb-ish, and tingling. Not quite sure what it is. Not too worried, but I wanted to find out maybe there is a link to SSRI's. I sure do have a few other issues I woud like to blame on those :) Good luck everyone.
I took SSRI's and anti-epileptic meds for 13 years unneccassarily. They nearly destroyed my life, my mind and my body. I've been off for 2 years now but there are residual effects. They mess up your mind, your emotions, your hormones, metabolism, central nervous system, auto-nervous system, and on and on. A good book to give you some information is; "Your Drug May Be Your Problem" by Dr. Peter Breggin. If you want to stop taking them, taper off SLOWLY.
I can tell you that I have had this for about 20 years! I think I got it from my wife when we first started dating. She showed it to me that she had it then a few weeks later I had it! I have been giving her hell ever since. I had the best hands too. Fortunately it's not on the top. I think it is some kind of a virus/bacteria that can be spread between people. It started with the little blisters and then the fingers went all wrinkly. I went to the doctor about 6 months ago, having enough of it after 20 years, and she subscribed Alcotrin A. I don't know if it's helping or not. I haven't got my wife to start using it so I don't let her hold my hand or touch my hands. Makes for a happy marriage. Not! Anyway, I think you get this from human contact with a person that has been infected by it. It's an alien bug! It only seems to be affecting my hands. My feet seem ok.
I am a 29 year old woman. The finger TIPS of my right hand are dry and wrinkly, sort of flake. This first happened last January, and remained for almost 2 months, then my right thumb, poniter, and middles finger were "normal" for a few months.

It came back around July 4th, almost 4 months! I do a lot of yoga so that it could be that, but why only my right hand? And finger tips at that? I am vegan, drink red winea few nights a week.

Ideas?
Hey, I have just started having this as well.  All of a sudden fingertips felt dry and wrinkled, sensitive to touch and almost burning at times, especially my pointer fingers.  It is already fluctuating both in intensity and visibility just within the last day or two.  I honestly think this is a form of sensory nerve damage, most likely from a vitamin/mineral deficiency.  I think it seems likely as well as many people on here are women who said symptoms were worse when breastfeeding, as it is common to lose nutrients during this process.  I think the most important thing is to keep your head, remember to laugh (as this helps the parasympathetic nervous system) and see a good naturopathic doctor. It seems clear from this forum that most doctors will just guess and give a synthetic band aid.  I think what we all need is to support each other, and give ours bodies the tools it needs to heal, in the form of a healthy diet full of vitamins and minerals.  I have been going through health issues recently and this is just another thing that is stressing me out, but I realized... that stress is probably the worst thing for it.  Try to stay positive and remember not to go to the worst case scenario, as it is easy to do on the internet, as everything is a symptom of everything it feels like at times.  Our modern life styles are very taxing, so I think rest, positivity and nutrition will be our best tools to heal ourselves.  Remember, this is what the body does best, it just needs the right tools, and often it takes time.  My biggest test to learn patience and positivity...  hopefully we all can.  Good luck to us all, and lots of love.

Ryan

Ryan
It is Leros.
Your problems are:

A) Wheat related.  Eat something heavy in Wheat flour and watch what happens.
Cut out the wheat flour and you will see the hands repair.

or

B) Some of you could be looking at development of diabetes.

Most doctors do not study after Med school... I do.

Has anyone figured this out yet?  I have had the same exact symptoms - sensitive wrinkled fingertips for about a week now.  I had this condition about a year ago and went to see my doctor who had no idea - it went away on it's own after a month or so.  Now it's back and it is very irritating!  I'm afraid to go back to the doctor because I'm assuming she will be clueless again.  

Interesting note although it doesn't appear that everyone on this post is female so I don't believe it is related - I am currently breastfeeding and had my 2nd c-section earlier this year.  I don't have any of the other issues mentioned.  
Please read and consider:
My fingertips do the very same thing just under a minute in hot & cold water. However, it has been happening quickly recently whereas when I was a child I had to sit in the bath till it was cold when my fingers would wrinkle. Many others also have other symptoms like joint & body pain and tiredness - generally  like a thyroid problem and on it goes.

Consider that it is not a medical condition you just got but a long term exposure from something you all have in common. The water! the FDA recently just announced they might lower the does of FLUORIDE in the drinking water.
1) Fluoride is a cumulative poison. On average, only 50% of the fluoride we ingest each day is excreted through the kidneys. The remainder accumulates in our bones, pineal gland, and other tissues. If the kidney is damaged, fluoride accumulation will increase, and with it, the likelihood of harm.
2) Fluoride is very biologically active even at low concentrations. It interferes with hydrogen bonding (Emsley 1981) and inhibits numerous enzymes (Waldbott 1978).

3) When complexed with aluminum, fluoride interferes with G-proteins (Bigay 1985, 1987). Such interactions give aluminum-fluoride complexes the potential to interfere with many hormonal and some neurochemical signals (Strunecka & Patocka 1999, Li 2003).

4) Fluoride has been shown to be mutagenic, cause chromosome damage and interfere with the enzymes involved with DNA repair in a variety of cell and tissue studies (Tsutsui 1984; Caspary 1987; Kishi 1993 and Mihashi 1996). Recent studies have also found a correlation between fluoride exposure and chromosome damage in humans (Sheth 1994; Wu 1995; Meng 1997 and Joseph 2000).

5) Fluoride forms complexes with a large number of metal ions, which include metals which are needed in the body (like calcium and magnesium) and metals (like lead and aluminum) which are toxic to the body. This can cause a variety of problems. For example, fluoride interferes with enzymes where magnesium is an important co-factor, and it can help facilitate the uptake of aluminum and lead into tissues where these metals wouldn't otherwise go (Mahaffey 1976; Allain 1996; Varner 1998).

Drinking any liquid, pop, soda, diet, coffee, they all use water, even our sweetner's are damaging to the central nervous system.

Do your research for yourself because no one has your best interest except for you and you can trust yourself and everybody knows their own body.  
I have the EXACT same 'symptom.' my finger pas are pruney/wrinkled as if I soaked them in water 100% of the time. I'm also 27. The only notable condition I have is anemia. I've had Raynaud's over 10 years and this just started this year, so I highly doubt they're related. It's decreased my ability to feel ever so slightly and I work with my hands. I really need an answer if not a solution.
looks like everyone have the same problem and still alive, soh lets live with our fingertips wrinkled :D
37, wrinkly fingertips, slightly raw and sometimes accompanied by what feels like little postules in the skin.  Some minor peeling on the hands.  A few things I've noted about my own condition:
1) seems to be seasonal
2) is not daily but I haven't paid enough attention to note if there's a reactive trigger (my guess is that there is)
3) I've always wrinkled fast in water, even as a kid
4) I have exceptionally sensitive hands no matter what (very tactile person and don't even like to wear gloves if I can help it - they feel too restrictive.  Same with my feet).
5) my extremities do get cold easily - always have.
6) this is a fairly new and relatively rapid occurrence
7) lotion/hand creme does seem to help with the wrinkles, which might indicate some sort of hydration problem in the epidermis; notice my hands are generally dry when this occurs (but not always visibly - is there a connection? don't know)

Some other factors:
I'm on the computer alot - so I type alot.  My guess is if you found this forum, you probably are as well.  Connection?  Dunno.  
I have had 2 C's but I highly doubt that's a factor.  Mine are 8 & 11 and this is more recent than that.  Is it possible?  Sure.  Likely?  Doubtful.
I am on birth control.. hormonal therefore giving the appearance of birth/pregnancy/nursing related?  Much more likely.
I'm often stressed, which also affects hormones.. have I noticed a link?  Haven't looked to be honest but considering many have said that their "condition" gets worse when under pressure, very possible.
Many have mentioned thyroid, fibromyalgia and other diseases/disorder that can affect hormone fluctuations.

My BEST logical guess:
Many are already hypersensitive people to their environment and any disruption in the natural balance of their particular systems may trigger a hormonal spike or decline thereby also triggering this "condition" - including me.  Note that there is a difference between a cause, correlation and trigger.  I am not a doctor nor any kind of medical professional... I'm just fairly decent at putting pieces together and draw a fairly reasonable conclusion that are often (but far from always) pretty close to accurate.

I would propose that we pay attention to changes in our physical, emotional and pyschological environments and when this whole fingertip problem arises and see if we can find any type of relationship.  Maybe therein we'll find our own answers regardless of any medical professional.

Oh, and for the person who posted about the fluoride issue, although fluoride poisining is a valid concern for some, not all states regulate their water the same way and therefore, fluoride concentrations vary.  Unfortunately, unless we're all from the same State and region of that state with the same water filtration system, I'd have to personally suggest that your theory is pretty likely to be inaccurate.  But that's just me guessing based on limited knowledge of the water works industry.
I am a 35 year old woman that has had wrinkled and pealing finger tips since may of 2010.  This was also accompanied by numbness in the fingertips and sensitivity in my palms and fingers.  Just this last weekend (2/19/2011)  I read something about dehydration can cause similar issues.  Well, I normally drink what I thought was enough water.  But, I added another 24 ounces to my daily intake and just 3 days later I noticed a HUGE difference in my hands.  Today, they are back to normal.  If you are having the similar issues. I would say it's worth a try, and it's free!  I've tried so many creams and meds I lost count.  Consuming more water worked for me!!!
from your name im guessing that you have a lot of problems. Do you ever have any numbness or tingling in that hand/arm especially when working overhead...If so, look into something called TOS. The fact that your wrinkling is not bilateral suggests a non-systemic problem.
I like the idea of trial and error offered up before. Good science is good observation and trial and error is definitely a good means to observation. You may want to pay attention to associated signs and symptoms. For example: Increased thirst, Use of topical creams, diet (especially common food allergies), numbness and tingling/altered sensation, your local fluoride content, dizziness, season, activities, soaps/detergents. Im not sure about the guy with Raynauds, because that tends to be an environmentally triggered vasospasm with both hypo and hyper-perfusion states but typically normal blood flow. Dehydration and Thyroid problems seem perfectly possible. The underlying reasons for the dehydration or lack of oils may be dietary (vitamin deficiency), or some sort of metabolic problem. Just remember that similar signs can present with a multitude of diseases. I don't believe it is likely that you all suffer from the same problems.
I agree with Nicola - possibly autoimmune.  I have MCTD (like lupus and scleroderma combined) and have that.  Also, Raynaud's is different for everyone.  For me, it turns my hands ghostly white, but red or purple are also common.  Fyi unrelated to first question.  Anywy, check your ANA (a simple blood test for autoimmunes.)
I have been on Jolivette for 4 months now and started having this problem with wrinkled and numb fingers a few weeks ago.  I noticed how many women on here say they have been breastfeeding and just had a baby.  Is anyone on the progestin-only pill?  I'm thinking this might very well be the cause for my symptoms.
Same problem, 30 years old, no medical problems except a recent case of Shingles at the beginning of the year.  Not on any medications. Had a bout of constipation last week, in which i also have never had.  Now, for about 2 weeks my middle and ring finger on my left had are extra wrinkled and slightly numb (i can feel a difference when i touch things).  The wrinkles are very defined lines at the finger tips.  The right side hand & fingertips feel a bit weird, but no defined wrinkles as the left hand. I haven't been overexposed to water so i cannot figure out why they're doing this.
I also have wrinked fingers.  It started after receiving my 12 th dose of chemotherapy.  The oxaplatin chemo drug's side effects include neuropathy of the hands and feet. Another side effect is it drys out the skin etc.  So I know my wrinked fingers are related to my chemotherapy. But something I am trying to figure out is my condition is being aggravated by my cholesterol drug and caffeine from drinking to much coffee.  My Crestor didn't cause my neuropathy, my Chemotherapy definetely caused it.  I've been off Chemo for some 6 months and am currently experiencing fingertip and foot neuropathy and also wrinked fingers (with even the blood vessel's popping out from the finger!  I am currently off of Crestor, low dose aspirin and drinking decaf coffee.  The extreme numbness has decreased to just numbness but am still aggravated by the wrinkled fingers.  I'm suspecting my chemo dried out my sebacious glands that make oil.  My acne on my face cleared up from my chemotherapy (oxaplatin), so I am suspecting that drug also damaged the oil producing sebacious glands.  Just guessing and am no medical expert.
I am a 19 year old girl with this problem. I'm at a loss to explain it, I thought at first I was just getting callouses from the house work I've been doing, but that was over two months ago and the wrinkles are just getting deeper. I now have webs of little cracks and wrinkles all over both palms and fingers, it looks exactly like someone 90+ who just got out of the bath. I've been trying to soothe them with lotion, but it doesn't seem to do that much. I've never had a problem remotely like this before, up until recently I had nice smooth hands with pretty great skin. Even when I was doing hard on the hands activities like metalsmithing and oil painting, the callouses went away pretty fast and I didn't even need to use lotion. The upper sides of my hands are still the same, no wrinkles. What could be causing this? I've never had skin problems anywhere but my face (mild to moderate acne), this is kind of freaking me out. I'll post back here after I visit the doctor!
I have had them for quite a while, they are sometimes sore and sometimes split.  I am also alergic (allergic) to news and magazine print, I have to use cotton gloves to read them. I had an overactive thyroid and now as a result of treatment have an underactive thyroid. red palms and fingers are a symptom of thyroid problems. my finger ends get so numb that i cant feel/recognise by touch things that i cant see like the fastener on a necklace or something in my handbag. and I drop things. I am 65 and havehad my kids years ago and dont have chlamidia.
hope this helps, I haven't mentioned this to my doc as she must already think  "oh my god shes here again" I feel as if I'm wasting their time. Ann
I read this discussion on wrinkled fingertips and it was very informative.

My question is: will such wrinkles also cause peeling?

I saw an article at this link:

http://www.naturalbeautyandskincare.com/2011/wrinkled-fingertips-eliminate-wrinkles-on-fingertips-and-hands/

Has anyone with such wrinkles on the fingertips found an exfoliating scrub to be of any benefit for this purpose?

Raj
Thank-you for all of your comments and suggestions. I am going to look into a few of them that relate to my particular wrinkly finger symtom. In my case 1/fingertips on both hands are "all -the-time" wrinkly 2/no other discomfort 3/ weather conditions do not seem to matter 4/ I have been on a very low dose of prozac for 5 years 5/ I also take coumadin/warfarin because I have a genetic mutation (facor Leiden V) which predisposes me to blood clots. I am 64 with no other medical issues than what I have mentioned. Other than my hands which look 100 years old, I am constantly complimented on my skin/complexion. Here is a theory I am proposing: How many of you use anti-bacterial soap? I only started using it in the last couple of years and I am going to stop and see what happens. My late husband was a physician (of the old school) and he thought this anti-bacterial soap craze was stupid because the soap destroys good bacteria as well as bad and he said regular hand soap is fine--and now after he's been gone for 6 years, I am going to listen to him!
I do not use anti-bacterial liquid soap, however, I have already proved a year ago that my fingertip issues were because of the liquid soap from Bath and Body Works. Apparently an ingredient does this to me. Either a chemical or just something I am apparently allergic to. After months of tender fingertips that were reddish, wrinkled and just strange looking, I decided to test it, and stopped using the Bath & Body Works soaps. I bought Burt's Bees liquid soap, since I knew that they are very natural. Sure enough, after a week, my fingertips were massively improved and then went away completely.
Fast forward another year. I ran out of my Burts Bees soap, so I tried a liquid soap by another company who has more natural products than most companies, and again with the fingertips within a week or 2 of using it!! :(  So going to buy my burts bees again and see if this goes away again.
my mom toes and fingertips wrinkle also.. but the thing that worries me is that when u press her toes or fingers they dont go back to normal shape, they stay flat and wrinkled. what does that mean? i thought it may be dehydration but she works at a water factory, so she gets plenty of hydration throughtout the day.. i also thought maybe a vitamin deficency? but i dont even know where to begin.. google pulls up results that have nothing to do with my question... any help/direction wud b much appreciated!
*****_******* at hotmail.com
thanks!
I havenRed under nails. I am Dehydrated and using meth. What is this a condition of!
I'm 20 years old, thin, a vegetarian of 3 years, never been pregnant or anything, and never had ANY skin issues EVER until like.... 3 months ago.  And now I'm having this same wrinkled fingertip thing.  It's definitely an internal issue, but I'm not sure what... it's really depressing and concerning me...  I'm also having trouble with my skin healing, for some reason...   and my fingertips randomly get surges of itchiness... this only began the other day, though.  Nothing is helping... :(
First thanks to all for sharing

the doctor is right but he only sees the problem superficially!
and the problem is internal!

1- the most obvious is that candida is in this issue by 80 to 90% if not 100%, very easy to spread and most people don't know that they are in the stomach and spreading all around to the nails and all body, (strong fungus it is).
note that the only person that actually has deal with this issue and won, was the one that went on a diet without sugar and yeast, GI are related to skin. Right! she still has some of it maybe because she can have other fungus still like H pylori ( 60 to 70% of the population does have it).
so it will be related with the gland pituitary or other glands since the don't get the right nutrients from the stomach.

2 this is not a mental issue is definitely viral, to many people from different parts of the world have it, so it is related to a drop down of immune system, which can be reversed with the elimination of the virus, fungus in this particular case in the stomach.

whitemagus

I noticed my wrinkly fingers at a young age (5-6). I was uber sensitive about them because they looked like an old lady's hands. They would break out with sore little skin-colored bumps, and itch. I used to get them on the inside of my heels as well. As I got older I noticed I would break out maybe 4-6 times a year. Now as an adult it's only my pinky and ring finer that have the wrinkles and they break out maybe one to two times a year. The Docs back in the 80's when i was a kid just blamed it on "contact dermatitis". ********! I'm still getting this as a 34 year old and ONLY on my ring and pinky fingers?  It doesn't make sense. No tyrhroid issues and all my blood tests came back normal. I experience cold hands or they sweat. The only time they are not wrinkly is when I've gone on a long walk and then they get bulbous-like because of the blood flow. So maybe it's a poor circulation problem? But that doesn't explain the bumps and soreness. My fingers are constantly sore and sensitive.
It amazing how many people have posted similar complaints.  I've had this condition for about 4 years now.  It appears only on the "palm" side of my hands.  

-Finger tips are wrinkled and have lost a bit of ther tactileness
-The fleshy  are between my thumb and index finger is hard, cracked and sometimes is open, but not bleeding
-There are also small areas on both palms that are dry and itch.
-The symptoms appears on both hands

At first I thought it was contact dematitis, but despite changes in suspect items, the problem persists.

I been on a topical cream called Triamcinolone, and another cream that was a bit stronger, but neither has much of an effect.  I've been coating my hands at night with Neosporin and then wear gloves while sleeping, and this has had some effect, but the problem still persists.
i had the same experience as yours. i use a betnovate ointment and it was cured. now my problem is that my fingertip are look like old. right now i keep on using petroleum jelly so it'll look better and not dry. that's the doctor said. the dryness of the skin was cause by the soap that we are using. and of course. the water.. unbalance PH we have a sensitive skin that's why we have to moisturize it every now and then... when it cracks it mean the skin is really dry, so i told you.. moisturize it. try to find a use that's a lot of vitamin e. i even take vitamin e supplement. i hope this will help you guys. i'm not a doctor but thats my doctor advises me to do..
Hi all,

I have been wondering about my fingertips, and recently found I was mildly hypothyroid.  Some problems have improved since I have been on medication.  My fingers pad are still shrivelled from time to time, and my index finger tip is fairly numb.

I take B12 orally (some people have injections) as I also have Pernicious Anemia.  Recently I stopped taking my tablets regularly just through laziness and taking care of family members who were ill, and my children.  I feel I have B12 anemia now because of the fatigue, dry skin, tingling finger tips and toes.  

I wanted to suggest that people get their b12 levels checked, and recheck them regularly.  It may not shop up at first as our body stores B12 for quite some time.  In particular Vegetarians may be missing out on B12.  

One doctor said to me that B12 deficiency is the surest way to short circuit your brain and nervous system.  Also, it doesn't mean that if you are B12 deficient that you necessarily have pernicious anemia.  It may be a one off.  Pernicious anemia, means that your stomach lining cannot absorb b12.

I went through a year of hell, and only due to a persistent caring doctor did I find the reason for my illness, and it is so easily treatable.

I felt I had to tell people about this, considering some of the other symptoms I was reading about.  

I hope my fingers will improve when I feel better.  I will let all know.
Im 40 year old female, no c section, no breast-feeding. I do have a thyroid condition that I've had since I'm a teenager.  My finger tips have been wrinkled for about one year. I did use a lot of artificial sweeteners, drank a lot of coffee, & even taken some strong diet pills..I stopped all of the bad habits but still have wrinkled fingers. I do feel my knees weak. Not sure if they are all connected. Please help. Going to doctors has not helped.
i am a 23 year old male i have the same problem with wrinkles in my fingertips and the painful tingaling sensation i was recently taking antabolix witch is a muscles increasing supplament i saw that someone posted on here that it might be a lack of hormones. this supplament is made to block hormones and increase testosterone is this why this is happening to me?? please help its kinda freakin me out
Sounds more like a vitamin deficiency. Lab your CBC and basic chemistry.
I noticed the wrinkling of my fingertips not long after I went on Buproprian (generic form of Wellbutrin).  My doctor prescribed it for mild depression and focus. I think it's the Buproprian because it gives me a major dry mouth and I am drinking water all day and drinks to help alleviate it along with Biotene mouthwash, tooth paste and occasionally the spray to combat the dry mouth side effect. I mean it's seriously like I'm always thirsty! Mine are just wrinkles on both hands on the tip of my fingers. I have never had the dryness, scaliness or blisters that people talk about here. I am starting to think it is Candida or magnesium related only because I have other symptoms like angular chelatis, hives/itching on legs arms and they all started around the same time. Maybe even a wheat issue on top of that and a need for a diet change. I am going to do a Candida cleanse and see what happens. I am considering going off the Buproprian anyway soon so I assume it will be a process of elimination. I also started taking more magnesium and B 100 complex along with a multivitamin.
I found that my left hand index & middle when dry awhile ago about every 1month for few days, once a while. i found it strange it seem to be like when i use the key board a lot and my hand started to be like that dry skin at the tip..  maybe the keyboard is dirty or maybe i been using alot of my left hand to type[true], (my right hand seem to be does not use much ....)

Maybe u all can have a check what u all usually did with ur finger?[typing?]  
I have notced that my fingers have been wrinkley ( like I just got out of the tub) for a couple months now..and also have the wrinkle going from my thumb to the middle of my palm..Some nights its worse th others. I was thinking I might be dehydrated as I only drink coffee all day and am not a water drinker..I'm 55 and am going to call my dr tomorrow. this is the first time Ive looked it up and I'm so surprised that so many people have the same thing.
Hey I also have the same problem and I also when I where rings I get a similar thing and my dr just said it was dematitis from general products

But it never goes away on my 3 finger tips I usto be a hair dresser so dermatitis is possible however funny you say "thyroid" because I have just found out I have an abnormal thyroyed so this could be the cause!

I will find out if this is it and wright back as I want to find a pernamate fix to this

By maurizio1072
This dry hands Andorra dry líps happens to me un winter Time . Why.

64 year old male with the same condition for the past year on palms and fingertips. I've had dry skin all my life and worked in the lumber industry for 20 years. Spent a small fortune on remedies. Wearing the gloves to bed after coating my hands ammonium lactate lotion. Just sent away for Goji berries. Taking vitamin B complex, Vitamin E, Omega 3's, Flax seed oil, Milk Thistle, and vitamin D. Slight improvement noted but none of the areas damaged have ever gone back to clear.
The loss of fat pads is a sign of celiac.  I have pruning on all fingertips and am losing the fat pads in my feet. My fts are always bruised feeling as are my heels. I found the reference on the celiac sprue association website. This has tipped me off to celiac as I have most of the symptoms. Many people with celiac also have thyroid issues also, so maybe that is secondary. It is now believed that as many as 1 in 133 people have celiac. It is th most under diagnosed auto immune disease there is.  
I am a 40 yr old female with celiac disease and I too have a problem with my fingertips wrinkling. I have been trying to figure out the cause of this for a few years but I haven't had any help from drs. I noticed that my fingers are wrinkled more often when exposed to cold temps. My hands are usually cold because I suffer from iron-deficient anemia and I do not like taking iron supplements because they make me constipated. I recently started taking Novartis Slow Fe and I haven't noticed any shriveling of my fingertips for over week. Little known fact---when the body is cold, blood will bypass extremities in order to maintain homeostasis (equilibrium, normal body temp) in vital organs... My theory: a symptom of low iron is cold hands. Because my iron was low, my hands were always cold which resulted in a lower volume of blood in my fingertips as my blood was concentrated in other areas causing a wrinkled appearance on my fingertips. I think anyone with this issue should have there iron levels checked.
I m an engineer (not a Doctor) and find this discussion interesting.  I would like to add my own subjective analysis.  It would seem this is not a single cause single effect type of problem, but a multiple cause single effect problem.  Many contributing factors may be involved and the question may be asked; what behaviors are aggravating the condition.

The Health and Nutrition Causes:  Studies do show we are healthy fat deficient.  Good sources of this are the omega 3 food sources such as Salmon, Chia Seeds, Flax Seeds, and Walnuts.  Chia seeds also provide high source of magnesium along with raw cashews.  Avocados and Coconut Oil provides excellent sources of healthy fats.  A good fish oil or Krill oil are excellent supplements for Omega 3.

Prescribed Medications Causes:  Many people are on blood pressure medications and diuretics are known to deplete the body of its essential electrolytes, besides the intended sodium, magnesium and  potassium  are depleted as well, which ironically are all needed to maintain healthy blood pressure.  Staten drugs are known to deplete the body of COQ10.  

Toxins Causes:  Coconut oil makes an excellent skin lotion, avoiding the parabens and sulfates, toxins, etc., found in many skin lotions.  What toxins out there affecting the quality of the skin is an ongoing hotly debated issue, who knows what the total sum of these toxins are doing to us?

Behavior Related Causes:  The accumulated effects of constant Keyboard fingering is interesting and may aggravate the condition, it seems logical.  Although one would expect all the finger tips to be evenly effected.  The typewriter was invented middle 19th century and we would also expect to see similar effects during this time especially since a typewriter key requires a stronger strike force.

Gender Related Behaviors:  Since the majority of stated concerns are coming from women (not just because they are more honest about personal health), is there a behavior more typical of women than men that may point the finger at the fingers.  Yes, I’m talking about shopping.  But not in the shopping isles themselves but at the cash register.  A little known scientific fact is that the thermal printers at the
cash register use BPA to seal the ink to the paper.  You expose your skin this toxin every time you handle a receipt.  There is ongoing research on this hot topic and you will have to do your homework, but here is an interesting quote from a Medical doctor leading research on this.  “A study in Analytical and Bioanalytical Chemistry found that of 13 thermal printing papers (the type often used for receipts) analyzed, 11 contained BPA. Holding the paper for just 5 seconds was enough to transfer BPA onto a person's skin, and the amount of BPA transferred increased by about 10 times if the fingers were wet or greasy.”  http://articles.mercola.com/sites/articles/archive/2011/12/22/bpa-exposure-health-problem.aspx .

In addition, many food manufacturers use BPA to coat the inside of tin cans to prevent bacterial growth and extend shelf life.  Not to mention all those BPA manufactured water bottles.

Could all these wrinkled fingers be pointing toward a growing ever increasing health crises?
Hi all! My hands seem to never fully dry after washing or becoming wet. They look as if they've been in the water a long time. However its my whole hand,palm,bottom creases of fingers and sides of fingers,mostly affecting my right hand.Nothing seems to work.It is driving me crazy.It is kinda on the painful side.Its has been like this for a 2wks now. I don't know if this is relevant,but my hands were very dry at first, the pruning came days later.
Did you ever find out what it was? I have same symptoms
Could be electrolyte deficiency I was drinking plenty of water and had severe wrinkled fingers. Took Gatorade and within a few hours my hands dramatically improved. Now my job is to find out what caused the problem with my doctor
Forgot to mention some of the inflammation with my psoraisis (psoriasis) decreased too overnight. I drank 60oz. Of gatorade
Interesting.
Hi Wow I am not alone, I have prune finger tips, have for a long time.  My doctor said (I don't know why.).. helpful.  I do have MS so she thought it might have something to do with the nerves?  It is not painful, just ugly.  My MS is very mild, no problems at all, but I am on daily injections.  Maybe it is a sign of autoimmune problems..  I asked DR. Oz  lol,  I will let you know if I get an answer.
Deb
I too have wrinkled finger tips-over the past year. Was wondering if it was caused from the acrylic nails/fills I had for 25 years. Never noticed any wrinkling until I had the nails removed. I have natural healthy looking nails for the past few months but the wrinkling has not gone away.

Anyone else have artifical nails for years?
I have a mild nut allergy, it occassionally causes little watery bumps that are extrememly itchy, then the skin peels sway.  This is always on my fingers.  Try tracking your diet for a month and see if there is any correlation.  I have wrinkled fingers.  When I started taking hormone replacements they went away (Estratest-no progestreone in it). I stopped and now have very wrinkled fingers and crepey skin.  My doctor warned my that hormone replacement could cause high blood pressure, mine is normal but was a little higher on the HR.  Does anyone have this and also high blood pressure?  Maybe its related.
I started with my left ring finger that was prune like and is very sensitive,noticed a few tiny bumps. It does not itch but is irritating. Then it moved to my pinky and then middle and pointer. It is only my left hand and I am right handed
I have had CFS and Fibro for three years now and have nodules on thyroid but blood work it normal. All I can say is use trial and error with all of what people have said above, rule out things such as eczema or allergies. Skin rashes are common for Fibro.i also get red bumps only on my chin that are like blisters, Carmex and campho pheniqe dry it up.  I noticed it also helps to rub on the fingers, so it to me is an immune system issue.
Check out the Wikipedia article on Water Aging under Wrinkle (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wrinkle#Water_Aging). While lots of people on this forum have good ideas, apparently there is not scientific consensus according to Wikipedia. This article also has some interesting hypotheses (http://www.nature.com/news/2011/110628/full/news.2011.388.html). I would suggest to people legitimately concerned for their health to be critical but polite in conversations with doctors so they truly give you all the potential tests that could lead to an underlying illness or disorder which happens to have this symptom. And don't be shy about mentioning any hypothesis you've heard. After all, if doctors don't know for sure they can't back up a no to a test when you've got science on your side.
Seems like there is no consensus here...however I would like to add that I am here for the same reason as everyone else: random, wrinkly fingertips with sudden onset.  Interestingly I got them immediately after I quit drinking coffee cold turkey (I was a pretty moderate coffee drinker 3-4 cups a day).
I am 28 yr old male and very healthy.  Not sure if there is any correlation but it is quite a coincidence.
I believe i've figured out what may have caused mine. 24 yo male have noticed the same problem from about a week ago. after reading through the responses a number of people mentioned candida skin infections/ eczema. i recently had a flare up of Seborrheic dermatitis on my face aswell as eczema on my left hand palm (not sure what caused it). i started using a topical steroid cream to treat both which i believe caused the wrinkles, putting cream on my fingertips to then apply on the skin.

came across this when googling to confirm my theory: "The skin on the dorsum of the hands is prone to atrophy, and topical steroids increase this risk."

ref: http://www.skintherapyletter.com/2003/8.5/2.html

hopefully that explains it for some of you

I'm much older than you (male in my 50's), but also stopped drinking coffee and have the wrinkled fingertips and also sometimes painful cracks at the fingertip, by the fingernail.  May have to visit the Dr's office to see where that takes me.
Interesting and very long thread - a bit frustrating for a slow reader like me but interesting nonetheless. Yes I have all the same symptoms. Started a year ago with small and painful splits and wrinkles brought on by what I thought was from weeding the garden with bare hands, usually in the mornings when the plants are wet. I thought I might have picked up a fungus or something. Live a healthy life, no medical issues, take omega 3 and saw palmetto supplements, 60 yr. male. Exposure to water seemed to definitely exacerbate the wrinkling. Bag Balm worked marvelously to heal the splits but never got rid of it. Diaper rash ointment (zinc oxide) seemed to work a bit but it turns the skin around my gold wedding ring black. Tried changing my diet by stopping certain foods like tea, coffee, vitamins but all to no effect.

My sister claimed she had it and it stopped when she and her family went on a gluten free diet for her daughter who has celiac disease. While camping in damp weather I it got real bad. Didn't have have cold hands though. I tried a gazillion different things and finally what worked best so far - at times almost perfect hands is: first to disinfect your hands with hand sanitizer. Then apply O'Keeffe's Working Hands cream available at TSC in Canada and possibly Tractor Supply Co. in USA. Also available from Lee Valley Tools by mail order. And I then sprinkle on extra strength Gold Bond power (zinc oxide 5% and menthol 0.8%). I do this definitely before going to bed and in the morning all looks great. Badger Balm also works but not quite as well and smells nice. So based on this the topical disease ie fungus or bacteria might be an explanation also.

I think that it also could be symptomatic of emotional stress in general. I know that the tingling is a symptom of that for sure. My stress levels have been high lately, ie I have also been getting panic attacks lately which is very weird. So I should change my lifestyle and remove stressors from my life. I'll also try a gluten free diet. I will also start watching the BPA -- Bisphenol A used to make hard plastics -- contact and will try the Burt's Bees Soap. Saw that at Lee Valley too. Thanks for the info guys.

If I find anything else useful I will gladly share.
hi all, i found this thread as i too have noticed prune like fingers at the tips but also at the front of my hands going down the fingers from the nails. They feel like ive been soaking in the bath for ages although i may not have had much contact with water. They are slightly dry but not extensively and are NOT cracked and painful. But look wrinkly, im female and only 26 with generally really good skin, i drink water daily and exercise and eat quite healthy recently like some others i too have cut down on unhealthy food and lost a few pounds. I do wonder why my fingers are shriveling :(
I just noticed this a few months ago myself and I am also 27. Sometimes it is there and sometimes not. I notice that the wrinkles are most prevalent when I am dehydrated...I try to drink a lot of liquids everyday, but if I am busy at work or out and about and it slips my mind, I have noticed a few times times this is when I see them most. So I am assuming that dehydration must be it or at least a leading factor. I have not had any other symptoms but the slight wrinkles in my fingertips. This was an odd thing that I never really experienced before and or at least not that I had noticed until recently...my behaviors have not drastically changed or anything either. I just started looking for answers myself and came across this. Good luck all...
I am 21 years old and the first week in june i noticed one of my fingers had this pruning after i had been out drinking the night before. this eventually has spread to all my fingers along with peeling on my palms when i touch my fingers it doesn't feel normal any more. I though dehydration could be a problem but when I talked to a Dr they said it couldn't be. I also thought it could be from the chemicals at work but I now have not been working with chemicals for over a month still same problem plus i get little random bumps and now today have noticed blood under the skin in 2 of my fingers I have had a heart condition since 15 so it really freaks me out and if a Dr could comment that would be great.
I've been on several different SSRI's. Before I had the wrinkled finger tips, for several weeks I've had these little bumps on my fingers with some kind of clear pus in them...I'm currently taking Celexa...
Hello, everyone. I am 27 y old, breastfeeding, and for the last two months I had the same problem, wrinkled fingertips. I did a little research, and... there is solution. We all have omega 3 fatty acid deficiency. Two weeks ago, I bought one pack of, so called, fish oil, and it helped me. My fingers look normal again :-) Omega 3 fatty acids are generally rear in foods (except fish), and babies take a lot of it through milk. So, I hope I helped with this comment. Sorry for my bad english.
I'm really surprised (but relieved) that so many young people are reporting the same wrinkled-finger symptoms I have..

I'm an 82 yrs old female and have indulged in all the bad habits, unhealthy diets and misbehaviors that are being discussed as the possible cause.  But mine just flared up about 2 yrs ago after 10-days on one of the 'new' super antibiotics for a bacterial infection.   My health is generally good,except for the wrinkled fingers.  Was on blood-pressure meds & cholesterol meds for nearly 10 yrs, but BP has been in the normal range for the past yr, and my triglycerides are still higher than they should be - but I quit the statins & BP meds 6 months ago.  Still have the wrinkled fingers...

So how many of you have taken that one-size-fits-all antibiotic?  It's a really huge white pill, about the size of the last knuckle on my little finger.  

It's hard to be very polite to my doctor when he brushes off my concerns with a remark about my age
Hi I have had same symptoms and explored it endlessly. Came up with over stressed adrenals. Sugar and caffeine aggravate it. It definitely improved for a while but back as bad as ever. Stress of course a huge trigger. Try cutting out all sugar and caffeine and take a good vit B complex and also reducing carbohydrates as in refined ones and see what happens.
I had come across some information once that mentioned this wrinkled finger pads, as a symptom to gluten intolerance.
It makes sense for the vegetarians and it makes sense for those that have had a baby recently.. as the condition can be worsened with stress.

http://glutenfreenetwork.com/faqs/symptoms-treatments/gluten-intolerance-symptoms-how-do-you-know-if-gluten-is-making-you-sick/
Hi -

I have this problem too recently, and I am wondering if it is due to a corn sensitivity (which I also have). I have read the story of some other people online who have a corn allergy, and one of the symptoms was tiny blisters on the fingers after ingesting something with corn in it for those that mentioned that problem as well on this thread.

I noticed my fingertips being wrinkly today, and I just remembered that I ate something with corn starch in it last night - I wonder if it is related?

There are many hidden sources of corn in food - it is put into so many things. Apparently it has a protein in it similar to gluten - it is called "Zein".
Worth checking it out/experimenting with anyhow.

I wish your post were more recent so many of your symptoms are exactly in line with mine ... I would love to know the outcome of your endeavors as we are still trying to figure it out -
Thank you for your sharing this, comforting to know you are not the only one
Hi everybody,allow me to join the "party"!!
I've read all the post on this forum about the wrinkle hands.
Like they say,2 heads is better than one and there is many heads on this forum so maybe we can find a sense to those wrinkle hands all together.
Here is my little story:
I've "dry wrinkle" in both hands since the last 10 years.Am a 35 old male,i've workout all my life,i've always been in really good shape,my friend always call me "the Machine",I don't drink,i don't smoke,i don't do drug.I've been a very strike diet since the last 3 years,in this diet,i've cut all the sugar(candy,chocolate,sport drink,soda,etc..),no coffee or other stimulant.
i've cut all the dairy,i've cut all the grains(with and without gluten),no fast food at all and no meat product.So there is no so much left that I can eat.Am doing this by choice in order to find the potential cause.
I know that I've a intolerance problem with gluten,i've discover very recently that I've a hypothyroid problem.I've start natural desiccated thyroid medicine 3 months ago(no result so far).My basal temperature have always been quite low 94°F,my both hand are always cold and I really don't tolerate the cold weather.
I've seen 6 different doctor and not even one of them seem to care.
I've try several type a hand creams without any result,i know it's not a kind of allergy or reaction to something.
Am pretty sure it's not relate to what am eating.
The only thing left that make sense would be the adrenal fatigue.
That where am gonna put my energy for now on.
I really wanna find a explanation to this "phenomenon",it's not really bothering my work or activity but I know there is a problem,this is not normal and there is a reason why this is happening and maybe it's a sign of a more serious illness,who know!!
It's really pissing me off that we are able to go on the moon but we can't find a answer for the "dry wrinkle hands"
Here is my little story:
I know that I've a intolerance problem with gluten,i've discover very recently that I've a
hypothyroid problem.I've start natural desiccated thyroid medicine 3 months ago(no result so far).My basal temperature have always been quite low 94°F,my both hand are always cold and I really don't tolerate the cold weather.I've seen 6 different doctor and not even one of them seem to care.I've try several type a hand creams without any result,i know it's not a kind of allergy or reaction to something.
Does anyone not notice that these responses took a WHOLE year to get up here.. Then the occurances?? Not sure what exactly is going on, but come on.. Then everyone who seems to know the problem & solution, seems so robotic about their response?? All professional & bull..

To say the least I am not satisfied with these responses...
Happy new year to everybody! I am a 42 years young male and I am living in Germany. I have the same problem as described above and also the doctors here said that they have no idea what it comes from. I think it could have something to do with hypertension medicine I take which is called Olmetec and contains Olmesartan. The trade names in US is Benicar  and it is an angiotensin II receptor medication. Does anyone take this kind of medicine and have the same problem? Also I guess it might could be really some kind of Candida infection. Does anybody have some experience on that. Yours, Michael
I have the same problem and I am 36 so i don't think it's necessarily related to age.  It started a week ago.  They look and feel like i've had my hands in water for a long time even when they haven't been near water.  Like you they used to be plump and now they are shrivelled and wrinkly and feel a bit numb like i've just come out of the water.  I had prolonged contact with acetone (nail varnish remover) and wondered if this was a factor but now i read it seems to be a common problem with lots of people so i don't think it is to do with acetone!
Look up Raynaud's Disease...
Raynaud's (ray-NOHZ) disease is a condition that causes some areas of your body — such as your fingers, toes, the tip of your nose and your ears — to feel numb and cool in response to cold temperatures or stress. In Raynaud's disease, smaller arteries that supply blood to your skin narrow, limiting blood circulation to affected areas.

Raynaud's disease is more than simply having cold hands and cold feet, and it's not the same as frostbite. Signs and symptoms of Raynaud's depend on the frequency, duration and severity of the blood vessel spasms that underlie the disorder. Raynaud's disease symptoms include:

Cold fingers and toes
Sequence of color changes in your skin in response to cold or stress
Numb, prickly feeling or stinging pain upon warming or relief of stress
During an attack of Raynaud's, affected areas of your skin usually turn white at first. Then, the affected areas often turn blue, feel cold and numb, and your sense of touch is dulled. As circulation improves, the affected areas may turn red, throb, tingle or swell. The order of the changes of color isn't the same for all people, and not everyone experiences all three colors.

Occasionally, an attack affects just one or two fingers or toes. Attacks don't necessarily always affect the same digits. Although Raynaud's most commonly affects your fingers and toes, the condition can also affect other areas of your body, such as your nose, lips, ears and even nipples. An attack may last less than a minute to several hours.

People who have Raynaud's accompanied by another disease will likely also have signs and symptoms related to their basic underlying condition.

Yes i was takeing cipro for a while because i had a very bad sinus infection. So bad that i was  hospitalized . I also have thyroid disease .My finger tips look lke i have been in a swimming pool for about 5 hrs .
Yes, I have scleroderma and I have begun having the wrinkled finger pads. That was one of the first things my scleroderma specialist asked me: "Do you ever have wrinkled finger pads?" I didn't then, but now, 4 years later, I do.
I have the same problem as well as my brother, he gets fluid filled blisters and I get dry blisters that appear to have a single cell inside of them, that brushes away after I pop the dry blister. then following the blisters, we both get wrinkly fingers. he gets it worse, I get it on a few fingers mostly on my left hand.
are your blisters wet or dry/ also if they are dry, are you able to see if there appears to be like a dead cell inside of the blister?
Hello - have any of you had your iron levels checked? I have/had the wrinkled fingertips for almost a year (but wasn't really looking for a solution) which I assumed was dehydration associated with pregnancy (2nd) and breast feeding. I was just diagnosed with really severe iron deficiency, of which I will be on 3x a day iron therapy for a few years at least.

Well - 2 weeks into my iron and suddenly my wrinkled finger pads have plumped back out! Seeing as iron deficiency anemia is the most common mineral deficiency - maybe it is something to get looked at. It would stand to reason to get it checked for those who just had children or those with a restricted  or incomplete diet.

Good luck.
I am a 52 yr old woman and all of a sudden, after a gel soak off and manicure, have wrinkled fingertips! More on the left than the right. I am healthy, post menapausal and have no thyroid issues...I do take citalopram, baby aspirin, Vit B12 on a daily basis but have for a long time. I drink water constantly and moisturize well. As I stated, this occured only after my manicure. It's been a week and no change. Wierd! Help?
Thanks, that's it! I am currently on chemo (including Oxaliplaten sp?), tho I am much older, 75, I have never had wringled finger tips and numbing prior to chemo.
I have 1 more chemo session.
I was hoping these MANY symtoms (symptoms) would begin to go away. I was warned that some may not.
Hoping yours will........
Lani
Tx
I am a 33 year old male and I have just started getting wrinkles on my finger tips right after a strenuous workout even though my fingers are completely dry and I am well hydrated from drinking water. This just started happening last week and this week it has gotten twice as bad. Fingers look like dried raisins.

Anyone get a diagnosis that could point to what is causing this?
I've heard intense exercise can cause adrenal fatigue.  Similar to a few of the responses above.  Maybe google adrenal fatigue - i believe you'll find info related to the fingertips/adrenal fatigue and intense exercise.
Hello.  I noticed my wrinkled fingertips recently and YES I did take CIPRO for a urinary tract infection.  I am concerned that this may have caused a connective tissue disorder.  I am in pain all over and have been diagnosed with fibromyalgia but this might be a connective tissue disorder instead? Please tell me what I can do to help with this?  Any herbal treatments that can help or otherwise?  Thank you.
I have been starting to get the wrinkly fingertips...I am hypothyroid...and they just diagnosed me with lupus(but very mild lupus doc says).
Can't believe it's so many having this problem, I'm amazed! I'm just a little past 40 and I think I noticed this first, almost two years ago, after I had a hysterectomy. And it's not getting better. I'm so embarrassed,  it makes me feel old, I look old! The top of all my toes are extremely wrinkled as well with deep lines, both vertically and horizontally. What is this???

I did a thyroid panel earlier this year and it was within the limits. I'm no doctor and I can't interpret the numbers if they're might be too high or low within the range, since I just went to a non referral lab and did the panel without any doctors involved due to having no medical insurance.

My mom is gluten intolerant, diagnosed at 60 years of age and I know that can be genetic. So I'm cutting out all the gluten out of my diet as of a week ago. But no difference, yet.

The thing is, my fingertips are totally normal when I wake up in the mornings, completely smooth and non wrinkly, but prune up within an hour after being up. I don't drink coffee anymore, so it can't be that either.

I'm also losing tons of hair since early summer, fearing I'll go bald. I'm not sure if all this is related, but something's up. This can't be an age thing, since so many of you in your 20's writing on here that you have this too. I'm actually freaked out!
I also have the problem with my fingertips.  

The tips of my fingers feel as if I've just gotten out of the bath, even though they don't LOOK that way.  I first noticed it a couple of months ago, because my fingertips felt funny.

I'm not dehydrated (I drink water all day long), and whether or not I have had my hands in water makes no difference.  My thyroid has been tested and the doctors say it's normal.  I'm 42 and not a recent mother.

My fingers don't hurt or crack, although I have also had another problem with my hands that I'm not sure is related:  the spaces between my fingers has become calloused, and this has been going on for almost a year.  It's on both hands, and only between my first/middle fingers and ring/little fingers (not between my thumb/first fingers or middle/ring fingers).

Both issues happened suddenly and are really bothering me because they did come on so suddenly, with apparently no cause.

Oh, I'm 'feeling' everyone on here and it is somewhat of a comfort to know others are having these symptoms too, but such a shame that many haven't been able to work out what it's all from.
I wish someone would come up with a more helpful solution or some sort of insight as to what this could be =(

I am a 25 year old Female,I drink water, non smoker, non drinker, Pre-diabetic/Insulin resistant (on Diaformin 500mg) my biggest problem would be that I am overweight and have been for sometime also there is a big possibility that I have CFS, hence why it's hard for me to lose the weight when I'm always so fatigued.

I believe mine started about two months ago and it started on my index finger left hand first- creasing, pruning and sometimes dry skin on the tip of the finger. Now I've noticed it on my middle finger right hand which is weird to me.I do have sweaty palms and have for many years but this hasn't been a problem before in regards to pruning of fingertips.
I too am concerned as to what this could be and if it's anything to worry about.

I have told my doctor and at the time I was suffering from suspected RSI and I do type on the computer/text a lot which probably doesn't help. As we were discussing this I happened to mention about the sudden appearance of the creasing/pruning that was bothering me on my index finger. I usually have my thyroid checked and had so far been okay, but hadn't checked it since this problem happened.

He suspected Thyroid issues straight away and I had a bloodtest a couple of weeks ago. I'm yet to make an appt with my doctor for the results (as I have been stressed and fatigued) and am only comforted by the fact that the receptionists would've rang had it been serious.

I suffer from severe depression and anxiety which causes OCD panic thought patterns, so having these symptoms do not help. I've been on zoloft 100mg for many years now and doubt this is something that has triggered or caused this to happen.

Dehydration.
Drink at least 4 tall glasses of water a day for 1 week faithfully.
It won't cost you a cent and I bet it makes a difference.
The problem with your finger tips that you are describing is called dyshidrotic eczema.  Look it up if you don't believe me (an M.D.) and your doctor.
Wow Mr. MD, dyshidrotic eczema, looked nothing like what many described in this thread. Thanks for nothing.  

Mine went away on it's own. It was either hypothyroidism or psych med withdrawal. I'm 5 years off psych meds (SSRI's and Lamictal) and my thyroid has been back to normal for about 2 years now.

The wrinkled fingers happen maybe once every 6 months now and I just ignore it, it only lasts a few hours at most.  
I have taken Doxycycline. I think my fingers changed in appearance about 1-2 mo. later.

I'm anxious to hear what you've learned.
I actually have been dealing with weird hand issues and my new wrinkles I believe are related to Raynauds.  If I get to cold or to stressed they also turn blackish in color
Finally, I can  post on a forum with an answer!  It's most likely one of the vitamins you are taking.  For me, it was vitamin C, but I am currently on and off a lot of vitamins, so others may be causing it, too.  My theory is that taking vitamins increase urination and your tissues don't hold as much fluids.  Hence the pruning and non-elasticity.  As soon as I stopped taking the vitamin C, fingers normal.  When I start it again, fingers prune up.  They were also sensitive, because of no padding.  I hope all doctors read this post and have an "Ah Hah!" moment.  When you are experiencing health issues and you can't get an explanation for something as simple as this, it is extremely frustrating!
My advice to everyone on a quest for explanations....pay attention to what you eat, take, use, breath.  Try to make the connection.  I think many times you will find your answer.  And more importantly, make sure you report back to the rest of us!  LOL!
Pruney fingers is mostly associated with wet fingers because of our amazing evolutionary background http://news.sciencemag.org/plants-animals/2013/01/wrinkles-help-fingers-get-grip. When the fingers wrinkle without water, it is a sign of dehydration.  Other reasons could be nerve damage but in rare cases.
Thank you for zeroing it in for me.  I have severe candida as well but wasn't sure if it was directly from the candida or more of a hormonal imbalance because of the candida, like adrenal fatigue.

It has been so hard trying to figure out which came first Adrenal Fatigue or candida.  Which problem is the direct result of the other

From what I've been able to figure out I have to work on both the same time.  It more than likely is one and the same.  Adrenal Fatigue/Candida/Leaky gut.
My above post is meant for those who have posted about candida being the issue of wrinkled finger tips.

And to ALL whatever health issues you have candida may either be the cause or the effect of what is going on with your bad health

Candida comes out in so many seemingly random symptoms.

However what we know about candida/Leaky gut/Adrenal Fatigue is only from the naturalpathic community.  Medical doctors refuse to admit candida is an issue.

My doctor told me candida is benign and even if I do have an overgrowth of the bad flora, known as candida, I need to figure out what is the underlying reason first.

Geeze, nobody is getting better , we all are either getting worse or continuing in our suffering and these medical doctors just continually put their head in the sand.