What does the HIV rash look like?
Dear Doctor and all,

I would be very grateful if you could tell me what the typical HIV rash look like. The only info I have is that it could affect any part of the body but usually the face and the trunk. But what I really want to know is whether it is always widespread. I have recently found about 10 tiny red dots on my chest. They are slightly raised, close together but not touching. They are not itchy at all, and the skin around them looks normal. Could they be HIV-related?

A few days ago I also found some tiny red dots of a different kind - not raised but under the skin - where my panty line rests, and there were also a few on the inside of my thighs. They disappeared, literally, within an hour after I found them. But earlier today I found them in the same places again - where my panty line rests and a few on the inside of my thighs. But again, they disappeared within an hour. I have never had them before and am worried. What could they be?

Many thanks for your time.
  In terms of the skin, the late hiv symptoms include a hiv rash on the skin (the rash is often flaky in nature like a severe case of psoriasis), sores around the male or female genital areas, easy bruising of the skin, warts that are rather large in size on the feet, hands, face, anal and genital regions, and mouth sores or lesions inside the mouth.

Some of the most common skin rashes associated with HIV are scabies and insect bite reactions,inflammation of the hair follicles including either eosinophilic or bacterial (staph) folliculitis,drug reactions,dry skin, seborrheic dermatitis and psoriasis and photosensitivity dermatitis.

It is very difficult to precisely confirm a diagnosis without examination and investigations and the answer is based on the medical information provided. For exact diagnosis, you are requested to consult your dermatologist. I sincerely hope that helps. Take care and please do keep me posted on how you are doing.

"Some of the most common skin rashes associated with HIV are scabies and insect bite reactions,inflammation of the hair follicles including either eosinophilic or bacterial (staph) folliculitis,drug reactions,dry skin, seborrheic dermatitis and psoriasis and photosensitivity dermatitis. "

By that, you mean associated by mistake, right? Or do you mean that those conditions are caused by Acute HIV?