What is the most efficient way to calm an eczema flare-up

This forum is for questions regarding Dermatology issues, such as: rashes, acne, birthmarks, skin infections, rosacea, and general skin care.

I was born with eczema and during my childhood it manifested in my arms. Suddenly, my eczema cleared up and I was completely fine, I thought I was cured. My freshman year in high school, the skin around my mouth began to chap. I didn't really pay much attention so I used original chapstick. As time passed it got more and more intense. I'm now a senior in high school and at this moment I'm experiencing a flare-up. This flare-up consists of red,swollen, itchy eyes; the skin around my mouth is also swelled, red and itchy. This has REALLY affected my social life, I don't go out much &at school I'm usually hiding my face. I've tried almost everything including Vaseline (I used and still use to moistureize), Rex Eme (usually I only use this to temporarily soothe the flared area), Tepezquoite (a natural ointment), omniopathy, test including patch tests, ***** tests and blood tests. I'M DESPERATE. I've even considered a biopsy. Please help.
What you seem to be having is atopic dermatitis and eczema. Wash the areas several times with fresh water and do not use any cosmetic products at the sites. You can apply some calamine lotion at the rash as it will help in soothing the skin. You can take some OTC oral antihistamine medications like Benadryl or Claritin and see if it helps.

Also use mild steroid cream and good quality moisturizers to prevent moisture loss from the skin.

If still the symptoms do not improve then please get a clinical examination done by a dermatologist. It is very difficult to precisely confirm a diagnosis without examination and investigations and the answer is based on the medical information provided. For exact diagnosis, you are requested to consult your dermatologist. I sincerely hope that helps. Take care and please do keep me posted on how you are doing.

I have tryed pills, my doctor recently gave me 307/PA, &the uses are to calm crazy people, people before getting surgeries, etc. I stopped the use because of the chemicals, apparently that can also harm my skin. Two nights ago, though, my dad suggested squished garlic with honey. I was hesitant but proceeded by taking it. My face has now cleared up(: &I'm drinking a lot more water as well as raw vegetables &avoiding preserved foods. Natural remedies seem to work. Thank you for your advice though(: