What is this facial rash on this 1 year old baby?
Hi all, just wondering if anyone might know what this facial rash is on my baby. He's had it since he was a month old, and is now one. The doctor and paediatrician have told me it's normal, and to eliminate things such as detergents, creams and other irritants that may come into contact with his face and I have done so and the rash is still there.
He has lactose intolerance so has to have a special diet.
It is similar in a way to syringoma in appearance, but not sure if it is that or not?
What are your thoughts?
I forgot to say, it's on both cheeks and forehead too.
anyone?
Such a rash can be due to eczema or atopic dermatitis. Although steroids, are commonly used for the treatment of atopic dermatitis, there are certain other agents also which are used like immune modulator drugs e.g. tacrolimus. These are available in the form of ointments and tend to prevent the recurrence. You can discuss with your dermatologist regarding the right use.

It is very difficult to precisely confirm a diagnosis without examination and investigations and the answer is based on the medical information provided. For exact diagnosis, you are requested to consult your doctor. I sincerely hope that helps. Take care and please do keep me posted on how you are doing.