What is this itchy rash on my face?

This forum is for questions regarding Dermatology issues, such as: rashes, acne, birthmarks, skin infections, rosacea, and general skin care.

What is this itchy rash on my face?

6052213?1282386392
I am a 21 year old female. I had a baby on 5-20-10. All my life I have had allergies to latex, soaps, shampoos, detergents, makeup, and some medications. When I had my c-section I had a huge rash appear across my stomach from one of the drapes that the doctor used. My skin is very sensitive. Throughout my life I have been constantly battling fine rashes on my face. 2 weeks after I had my baby I went to a Mary Kay makeup party and used the "hypoallergenic" products. That afternoon I noticed that I had a rash on my face and neck that will not go away, it may have been present immediately before delivery (not certain). Also, I am nauseated daily and vomit at least once a day. I went to the doctor and she prescribed me protopic but it burned my face and severely intensified the itching so I assumed that I shouldn't use it. I have tried protopic, benzyl peroxide, benadryl cream, and hydroxyzine to control it but it is not working. The doc had no idea what the cause could be. I thought about the things that changed when I had my baby and here is a list: my hypertension meds changed from methyldopa to hydroclorithiazide, I began taking tramadol for chronic pain (which I had taken many times in the past), 1 month after I noticed the rash I began taking loseasonique. I have been using All Free clothes detergent, and free and clear shampoo. Some days the rash is more puffy and red than others but it is constant and very bothersome. A pharmacist suggested that it could be a food allergy. Please help.
I think it may be an allergy to Sulfur drugs. I eat a lot of grapes which makes the rash worse and realized that I am taking a sulfur drug-both have sulfur which we believe I am highly sensitive too. I am changing meds and will post if I get any results
From the symptoms it can be a irritant contact dermatitis to the makeup products or allergic contact dermatitis to the birth control that you have started. Irritant dermatitis, the most common type of contact dermatitis, involves inflammation resulting from contact with acids, alkaline materials such as soaps and detergents, cosmetics, or other chemicals.

Avoid using any lotions and creams over the face for the meantime. Wash your face with a mild cleanser with moisturizing properties like Cetaphil. Pat your face dry. Then apply a good hypoallergenic moisturizer over the area and see if this improves. If the symptoms still persist then you can apply mild steroid like dermacort and take oral antihistaminics like Benadryl or Claritin.

If the irritation persists then please get it evaluated from a dermatologist. It is very difficult to precisely confirm a diagnosis without examination and investigations and the answer is based on the medical information provided. For exact diagnosis, you are requested to consult your doctor. I sincerely hope that helps. Take care and please do keep me posted on how you are doing.

We found out what the problem is. I am extremely sensitive/allergic to sulfa and sulfite based products which are in amost everything that we eat. Grapes, jelly, meds. everything. It is awful.