Dermatology Community
What is wrong with my underarms?
About This Community:

This forum is for questions regarding Dermatology issues, such as: rashes, acne, birthmarks, skin infections, rosacea, and general skin care.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

What is wrong with my underarms?

Here is my problem:

For several months now I have noticed a faint red ring encircling both of my armpits (one under each arm). I didn't think much about it until a trip I took a few weeks ago when I went swimming in the ocean. The entire time I was in the water I had a stinging/burning sensation in my armpits, and when I got out I looked and noticed that these rings were bright red (the pain went away after a while, and the redness faded after a couple hours).

I thought maybe my deodorant was causing this, so I bought some body spray deodorant to try (I usually use the rub on kind), and I sprayed it on today and it caused those rings to sting really bad for a couple minutes, but then the pain went away and it was fine. I tried putting some lotion on these areas in the past and that didn't seem to do anything.

Any idea what these rings are or how to get rid of them?