What kind of specialist for fungal infection in penis

This forum is for questions regarding Dermatology - rashes, acne, birthmarks, skin infections, rosacea, and general skin care.

I believe I have a fungal infection in my penis.  I have had athlete's foot and jock itch and have been to doctors several times.  No real relief, and it now feels internal, like in my urethra.  I am in otherwise excellent health, and rarely get sick/infections/etc,

Last time, I was told by a NP that most of my problem was "dry skin".  She wasn't very interested in even looking at the infection.

I want to know the most efficient way to get treatment.

I could go to my primary care (who is a very good doctor) but I feel I have an advanced chronic infection.
I could find a dermatologist (since I have long battled recurrent athlete's foot and jock itch that I think is related to this)
I could find a urologist since it is affecting sensation/function of my penis.

It's an uncomfortable and embarrassing situation, and I'd like to know that most efficient sure-fire way to proceed.

Thanks.
What you must be having is balanitis. In addition to antifungals, don’t use any cosmetics on the penis, instead use some topical antimicrobials like Bacitracin or Lotrimin.Also corticosteroids and topical immunosuppressants can be used but they are available under prescription. Also retract the foreskin daily and soak in warm water to clean penis and foreskin. Avoid intercourse and masturbation till there is complete healing.
It is very difficult to precisely confirm a diagnosis without examination and investigations and the answer is based on the medical information provided. For exact diagnosis, you are requested to consult your doctor. I sincerely hope that helps. Take care and please do keep me posted on how you are doing.

Avatar n tn
i had homosex with someone after that im getting penile infection even though its infection becomes advanced chronic i got some lumbs in my neck as per doctor prescription i took so many medicines but after sum tym i masturbated then i got some bumbs and lesions in my penis and it becomes fully reddish. dr adviced me apply clotrimazole on my penis and also took oral medication that is candiforce100mg. But no cure, i feel. please suggest me what to do???? Even my all STDs tests are negative. So give me advice the same.