What's this bruise that won't heal?

This forum is for questions regarding Dermatology issues, such as: rashes, acne, birthmarks, skin infections, rosacea, and general skin care.

What's this bruise that won't heal?

Hi.

I noticed a bruise on the bottom of my arm.  It is between the wrist and elbow. The bruise is about half an inch wide and about 2 inches long.  I have no ides where it came from. It almost went away the day before yesterday.  I noticed last night it is dark again.  I've also been tired easily.

Could it be skin cancer?  Or could I be low in iron?  Could I be anemic? I was known in my past to have white blood cells. I don't remember having a bruise like this before.  Or something else?  I'm starting to get concerned.  I want to call my family doctor on Monday. What if she's super busy and I can't get an appointment right away? Should I go to the clinic?  Thanks.
Hi Mariah,

First, I would say rest.

Then, I would say that everyone has white blood cells just so you know (unless you meant to say lowered/elevated?).

Next, yes, make an appointment. Ask to be checked for anemia and diabetes.

I hope you get it figured out soon.
Hi.

Thanks for the reply.  Sorry, I meant to say I have more white blood cells than red. I'll ask my dr. for an anemic blood test.
Anemia and deficiency of vitamins C, K, B12, or folic acid are the common causes of easy bruisability. Try taking iron tablets and multivitamins for some days and see if the symptoms improve. If the symptoms do not improve, get yourself evaluated by a physician and look out for SLE, bone marrow disorders, liver diseases or leukemias.

I hope it helps. Take care and regards.