Dermatology Expert Forum
When i eat rice i get itching

This forum is for questions regarding Dermatology issues, such as: rashes, acne, birthmarks, skin infections, rosacea, and general skin care. All questions will be answered by a medical professional.

When i eat rice i get itching
Hi,When I eat rice or wheat I get itching within an hour,hands,legs, from four years am suffering from this I don't no what it is ,when I eat rice, I will have Cetirizine tablet and I will help for 3 days and again I should swallow Cetirizine tab, all tests done, so many doctors I visited,but they unable to solve the problem from Hyderabad
Thanks for posting your query.
Itching sensation after eating rice is typically suggestive of food allergy.
Typical rice allergy symptoms include bloated stomach, vomiting, diarrhea and/or skin rash.
Elimination of diet containing rice or rice based products is the best treatment. Also get allergy testing by means of elimination diet done. In this rice is removed from your diet to see whether that stops your allergic reactions.

You can also get skin prick test done in which your doctor injects a tiny amount of food extract just below the surface of the skin on your lower arm or back. If you are allergic, there will be swelling or redness at the test site. Blood tests to measure the levels of food-specific IgE antibodies can also be done.

My suggestion would be to get these investigations done. If you are allergic to rice then stop eating rice or any rice based product.
Hope that this information helps and hope that you will get better soon. Wishing you good health.