When to expect scabies symptoms to ease after treatment

This forum is for questions regarding Dermatology issues, such as: rashes, acne, birthmarks, skin infections, rosacea, and general skin care.

When should I expect the itching from scabies to ease? I did the treatment 3 days ago and  I am still getting new bumps all over, is that normal?  Can scabies also affect my neck area.  My dr said that might be a different problem, but I won't know for sure until the scabies are gone.
Permethrin and oral ivermectin are the treatment options of scabies. Sometimes there may be recurrent and chronic cases which may require oral treatment of ivermectin. Also permethrin has to be used head to the bottom of the feet, paying special attention to skin folds and the webs between fingers and toes and this cream has to be left for 10-14 hours. Sometimes itching of scabies persists for a few days after completion of treatment also. So if you have the symptoms even after 10 days of stopping the treatment then please consult a dermatologist.

It is very difficult to precisely confirm a diagnosis without examination and investigations and the answer is based on the medical information provided. For exact diagnosis, you are requested to consult your doctor. I sincerely hope that helps. Take care and please do keep me posted on how you are doing.