Which Doctor to Treat Hemangioma on Finger?
The urgent care center said I had a hemangioma of the finger on the tip of my right ring finger. They also said that it should be removed. Who do I make an appointment with to do so? Do I go to a dermatologist or a hand surgeon? (I have been told both and I'm not sure where to go) I'm not pregnant, but they said it could have happened from oral contraceptives. What should I expect at the visit when I do make an appointment with someone?

This discussion is related to Hemangioma?.
Hemangiomas are benign overgrowths of blood vessels .Regarding the treatment I would say that all hemangiomas are best left alone. However if they are in an area that is dangerous, or if they are causing any discomfort then it should be treated. Small raised lesions are treated with injection of corticosteroid directly into the lesion. Other options are pulsed dye laser and surgical removal. It may be best to consult a surgeon for your symptoms. Discuss all your concerns when you visit the doctor. I hope you find this information useful.
Best of luck and kind regards!