Dermatology Expert Forum
White Bumps on Penis

This forum is for questions regarding Dermatology issues, such as: rashes, acne, birthmarks, skin infections, rosacea, and general skin care. All questions will be answered by a medical professional.

White Bumps on Penis

Hello - I have noticed on the back side of my penis a lot of white bumps.  You can't really squeeze them like pimples, they are very small.  Maybe the skin is a bit dry. And they seem to be just under the skin, so again not pimple like.  Many seem related to the follicules of hair.  I have had folliculits and it doesn't appear to be anything like that either.  It doesn't itch or seem serious.  I believe I recall once reading an answer from you that this was nothing but I am not sure.  They start sort of mid way on the shaft and extend down to the scrotum. Its not unsightly or anything just wanted your opinion.  Thanks
They sound like cysts.  These are common on the penis and scrotum.  They aren't viral and don't mean anything.  Don't try to squeeze them out, since they won't come out.

Show your doctor next time you go, so you'll be sure.  But they sound OK.

Take care.

Dr. Rockoff
hi, i feel sort of stupid posting this as you allready seemed to have answered this question. however you said that you should not squeeze these like pimples as they will not pop, but when i have squeezed some of mine a few of them have been able to be squeezed and white stuff comes out. also on occasions a couple of mine have become large and extreemly noticable. i have been to the doctors three times to three different doctors 1 said that it was thrush and prescribed me canastien (if thats how is spelt??) and then i was diagnosed with folliculitus (folliculitis) and prescribed a course of anitibiotics but these had no affect. i then went back some time later and the doctor said that it was nothing to worry about. but i cannot help but worry!!!!!!
after all my case seems to be different to others described.it doesnt itch but when i do itch i seem to not be able to stop! also it has spread to all over my ball bag and on the inside skin of my penis! could you please help me as im not confident of my doctors capabilities and am sure that they will falsly diagnose my again.
many thanks mark.
I have been to the Dermatologist about a rash on my scrotum. The Dr. has prescribed a cream ( hydrocortisone / vitone )and this seems to be working however the summer months and heat seem to have spread this condition the more I sweat. The diagnosis is a form of psoriasis that creates a leather like look in the genitial area. I have been using the cream for about one year but now the condition has spread to the area between my scrotum and leg.
The look and itch is similar to poison ivy....is there another product on the market to control this condition?
I had a doc tell me to try rubbing a little hydrogen peroxide on the skin and it might lesson the appearance, but I havent done it because I really dont care what they are as long as they arent an STD.  Let me know if it works though.
Hello - I have noticed white spots around the tip of the penis, surrounding the head of the penis. There are a lot of small white bumps ( less than 1mm in diameter) about 40 spots. You can't really squeeze them like pimples, they are very small, it does hurt if i want to squeeze one.They are Not under the skin .  I m hoping for a quick response, Thanks!!!!!
I have the same thing going. I have white spots around the head of my penis that wont pop or go away, my doctor said it was nothing and that its normal. If you get info on how to get rid of them let me know.
The pimple like spots you describe which are on the shaft of your penis are almost certainly Fordyce's Spots and are perfectly normal. With regards to the spots under the skin of the penis/scrotum, they are almost certainly sebaceous glands, which are pefectly normal. There is a website called willyworries.com. See for yourself.
Bumpy skinned penis men of the world unite!  WE ARE NOT ALONE!
I have had the same white bumps on the edge of my penus head for about a month now. You say they are normal, but there must be a reason they got there since I didn't have them before and now I have them. There also must be a way to get rid of them because they definatly do not look normal and some women might get discusted by them, and I don't want any women telling their friends I got a bumpy ****! Also I wanted to ask if they might go away on their own? Well, please try and find information on this to help me and the people who have this weird bumps to get rid of them, not just telling us that it's nothing to wory about. Thank you.
Yeah, I'm 23 and just noticed mine a year ago.  I'm pretty sure they werent there before.  I've read online that you get them partly because of testosterone in your body, and I've also noticed that (probably because of trimming) I'm now growing hair further down my shaft, almost to the head of my penis, so I figure that its also because of hair follicles.  One Dr. told me that each little white bump is associated with a hair even if you cant see one.  I have lots of the bumps too.  A good thing is that If I dont point it out to a girl they dont ever notice so I've pretty much put that worrying behind me.  I mean hell, I had to take a flashlight to my penis to see them the first time.  If one ever does though send her to this website (it has some pretty good pictures that should put her at ease).  

http://www.geocities.com/HotSprings/5571/problems.html#1%20Tiny%20little%20white,%20yellow

I wouldnt worry about them, I've come to realize that the older you get the more fun stuff you start noticing on the body.  Penis bumps just happens to be one of them.  GET USED TO IT!

hmm ok..but I'm only 16. I did some research and it seems they are normal. Well I don't trust doctors too much so I'm gonna try different things to get rid of them, now I'm going on a one months masturbation diet:) and yes...I have the will:)
Don't worry I wont try cutting them off or anything. Wish me luck to find a cure:)
How can I make them white dots go away from my penis?thx