White Spots on Skin
I have had white spots on the bottom of my legs for a few years now, last year they have travelled up to the top of my thighs and on both arms.  I have got about 5 on my back as well, I have read about Selson Blue and Tea Tree Oil and will be trying the oil first.  I have used sunbeds for about 15 years on and off and do like to sit in the sun but the spots are now affecting my tan.  I am not using a sunbed ever again although this may be too late.  Should I go to the doctors or see a dermo?  I dont know what to do, with the selson do you just leave it on for a few hours or overnight?  The spots are small in size and are just white they do not itch at all even if i am in the sun I just dont want anymore to come.

I cannot confirm anything without examination,but it sounds like pityriasis versicolor.The white patches of pityraisis don’t tan on sun exposure. It is a common skin infection caused by the yeast Malassezia furfur. This skin disease commonly affects adolescents and young adults, especially in warm and humid climates.
Treatment involves topical and oral antifungal medicines.Selsun shampoo(not selsun blue) will be a better idea to start with.

I would suggest an examination by a dermatologist to confirm the diagnosis.

Hope it helps.Take care and pls do keep me posted on how you are doing or if you have any additional queries.Warm regards.

Thank you for replying, I will see a dermatologist, but I will try the selsun shampoo.

I will keep you posted, hopefully it is a fungus but I will get it checked out.

Regards.

Lynne102

I started losing skin from my shoulders and know it has started on my back, I also have a few white spots on my legs and stomache, when you touch them it just comes away like flakey skin, what could this be
I had these white spots on my calves for years but I never knew what they were from? Does anyone have an idea of what it may be?
I get the white spots all over my face in the summer! This is my 3rd year in a row I have them.. I did move to the beach.. And that summer was when I first got them? Maybe its the salty water? Im only 13 so Its not from aging?? I guess I'll go see a dermatologist
my baby 6 weeks old he get white spot on his leg 2 cm i do not know exactly it is from birth or no  .i want to know it is fungal infection or not .may spread or not. and what i do to treat it.
I have white spots on my calves and forarms. I first noticed them this summer and since then, one week they will be very white and lots of them and the next they will be not so bad. Its started to form on my hands now but like I said, one week can be worse than the one before. I thought at first perhaps the sun didn't catch me right, but after going on the sunbeds to try and even them out, nothing changed. Any ideas as what it could be and also is it something i should worry about? Where can I get treatment? My GP? Thanks. X
I have these white spots since a child i presume its hereditary.  I tan well but have tried many different self tanners to try cover them up but it wont take to them does anybody know of a self tanning that will take to them... i use sally hanson if i need to show my legs but this is a pain putting it on and can mark clothes sheets... any help would be appreciated.
i caught small white rounded spot on my legs from last 7 months. they are not increasing in size.. i shown it to my family doctor. he said that its too small. but check them frequently,they are developing in size or not. what should i do.