White bumps on face
I have also have white bumps on my face for the last 10 years, I am in my 50's. Nothing works and they are like hard white heads that are impossible to pop.  Two dermos said there was nothing they could do for me...that it was adult acne. They said to try glycolic and salicylic acid peels. I have tried both for about a year and 30% salicylic acid seems to work the best as far as providing a good peel. This seems to thin the skin surface to make the whiteheads pop easier. My face is still filled with them and I see no end. I have even used wart remover on them which causes scabs but sometimes works.  I have improved my diet drastically and I take plenty of vitamins. I have switched to sensitive skin products. Please research this for us!! I have buff-puffed myself to dealth! I will watch out for lanolin...any other product ingredients or foods that can cause this?
Zitty

This discussion is related to Facial bumps.
I get the occassional white head on my face. Someone at work told me it was high cholestrol causing it. I dont get them often and when I do I ***** them with a pin and a hard white ball comes out. I'm also allergic to lanolin so it could be that, but I'm careful what I use, and lanolin usually gives me blisters not white spots.what's your skin type oily / normal / dry?
From the symptoms it can be due to milia. They are white pimples that occur mostly on the upper cheeks, nose and chin. The best way to prevent milia is to avoid treating your skin with excessively harsh chemicals and to limit sun exposure. Also use good quality cosmetics and exfoliate your skin regularly .If still the symptoms persist then chemical peeling or laser removal can be done.

I hope it helps. Take care and regards.

I get some of these from time to time.  Apparently I was told high Calcium in my body causes this.  But I noticed when I used eye creams etc. they seemed to appear after awhile, as well.  They aren't like a white head, but look like one.  The doctor who told me this also popped it with a pin & got the little white hard ball out.  So I have had to use a sterilized pin to do this if my nails can't get it out.  It hurts for sure, but heals with no scaring.  Be gentle, and careful.