White bumps under the skin

This forum is for questions regarding Dermatology issues, such as: rashes, acne, birthmarks, skin infections, rosacea, and general skin care.

White bumps under the skin

I am 47 years old and I have rarely had pimples or acne problems by entire life. I understand as we get older our bodies change including the skin on our face.For the last year my pores have enlarged and I have many white bumps under the skin on my right side of my face around the chin, jaw and top of the cheek bone down to the jaw with a few a couple in the middle of my right cheek. They arent hard bumps and most if squeezed while produce a white string substance and it never goes away. I wash my face morninng & night and have tried every type of face wash hoping to find my cure. Can you please tell me what this is and how do I get rid of them.
Avatar_dr_f_tn
Hello and hope you are doing well.
I can detect the exact cause only after I examine you. The common causes of white bumps on face, jaws and cheeks are milia, ingrown hair or white heads. The dead skin gets accumulated in small pockets on the surface of the skin. Comedones or whiteheads are excess fats and wastes that are trapped in a hair follicle and so they clog up the pore. Another possibility is a viral infection called Molluscum contagiosum.It causes appearance of flesh colored papules on the skin which contain a small cheesy substance when squeezed. Do get it checked by a dermatologist. Treatment will be specific based on the cause. Do write to me again.
Best wishes and regards!
I have a question similar to the other persons. I have black heads that never go away or i think they dont becuzz when i put my face self tanner on there they immidiately turn black is this jus my pores getting dirty or coloured?? Cos my self tanner is tinted brown. Now for the main questiom i have like thre bumps on my chin that are possibley clogged and never go away today i used my safety pin the round part of it to press down on the bumps (but the bumps ar in the circlle the sam method as a blackhead remover device) and lonf white nasty string came out which almost made me throwup!!! What is that and why arent they going away if that nadty nasty stuff came outt?!
Also on my chin kinda under my bottum lip but a lil bit further down i hav white grain lookin thingys that wen i try popin (using same method like i did on the bumps on my chin) they do not go away nothing i do makes tyem go away waht is tht an why is this happenin i wash exfoliate my face with the black head easrser an i feel like it is not doing anything for me also i use proactiv products i do not have zits/red pimples aka piza face my fac is clear lcomplete my cept the things i have described to you :( please help asap! Thank you!