White discoloration- infection? Bite? Worse?

This forum is for questions regarding Dermatology issues, such as: rashes, acne, birthmarks, skin infections, rosacea, and general skin care.

A month or so ago I noticed I had this aching pain in my finger. When I looked at it there was this oblong white raised lump (it looked like it was between two small veins). The pain came and went so I tried to just ignore it. Lately the pain has been more consistent- and usually only occurs when I move my hand so the blood flow to my finger is different. The pain can radiate down my hand and arm. The lump hasn't really changed in size. It's soft and isn't painful to the touch.

Well today I've started experiencing a warm sensation radiating down my arm from my hand, up to my shoulder, even up to the side of my neck and face. I really don't want to go to the doctor if I don't have to- especially since its just my finger. I feel silly complaining but none of the OTC pain meds are helping.

I haven't had a fever that I've noticed (at least every time I take my temp it's normal) so I don't know if it could be an infection with how long it's been hanging around... But I really don't know. I haven't found anything similar described anywhere. Any help at all would be helpful.

Also- in case it matters- other pertinent health info: recently went to doctor for pain near jaw. He said it was swollen lymph nodes but didn't *think* it was bacterial. I've also noticed my fingernails on a few fingers (but not the one in question) have started curving downward on one side. That's also freaking me out but I don't know if that's related or not. Just putting any info I have out there in case it matters.

Thank you to anyone who might be able to provide answers... I'm trying to not be scared but when you don't  know what's going on its hard.
Glomus tumor(Not serious) of the nail can present like this.
You need to consult your doc to confirm diagnosis by MRI.
Best wishes.