White dots on legs

This forum is for questions regarding Dermatology issues, such as: rashes, acne, birthmarks, skin infections, rosacea, and general skin care.

White dots on legs

5524387?1270049156
On only my legs there are noticable white dots. I am fairly sure that it is not tinea versicolor because the dots are spread very even. They look almost like goosebumps but they are not raised, they dont itch and they are only on my legs. I would really like to get rid of these dots because when I get tan during the summer they really show up... I have ever gone to a tanning bed either. I have a picture but it is hard to see because of the lighting.
Unfortunately the picture is not very clear but without examination from a dermatologist it cannot be said with confirmation that it is not Tinea versicolor. Since you have mentioned that it shows up when you are in sun, it raises the doubts of tinea versicolor only. Apply some Selsun shampoo or other topical antifungals like clotrimalzole on these white spots. If the symptoms persist then please get an evaluation done from a dermatologist.

It is very difficult to precisely confirm a diagnosis without examination and investigations and the answer is based on the medical information provided. For exact diagnosis, you are requested to consult your doctor. I sincerely hope that helps. Take care and please do keep me posted on how you are doing.

it sounds like i suffer from the same thing as you. i also believe it's not tinea versacolor because they are random dots not in patches...i'm a fair-skinned african american and in the summer they really show up on my legs...they don't itch, or hurt...they just drive me crazy...i really think it's from shaving...i didn't have them when i was a younger...i've noticed there's not a hair coming out of any white spot when i don't shave, like maybe the follicle died or something...eh i plan on going to a dermatologist about it one day lol  
I am a medium skinned Black person and I also have the white dots on my legs.  My father also had them so I just figured they were genetic.  At first I thought it was the onset of vertiligo but it has not spread in years so I guess not.  I would love to know what they are.
Do you found out what are those spots?Because I have too,they appear when I stand up or in a chair  and dissapear when I sit in the bed.I am from Romania,I am 20 years old,and they really drive me crazy,I can-t wear short pants or dresses ... I am really desperated and if you can help me,please answer me.Thank you all a lot.
Idiopathic guttate hypomelanosis (IGH) . A condition that is only of cosmetic importance.
It can´t be Idiopathic guttate hypomelanosis because the spots appear and dissapear,they are not permanently like those you mentioned.For ex,when I stay in bed I don´t have them,only when i sit in a chair or stand up.Please,help ...
Another thing,they aren´t on the skin,they are under the skin :(
So , I found on the internet they are called Bier's Spots.But I don´t know if there are any treatment for them:(
So , I found on the internet they are called Bier's Spots.But I don´t know if there are any treatment for them:(  Hellllp
My answer was to the picture and guess I missed out on the postural factor. Indeed these are Bier spots but it seems there is no treatment.
Have a Dermatology question?
100,000+ doctor answers