White/flaky itchy spots in pubic area

This forum is for questions regarding Dermatology issues, such as: rashes, acne, birthmarks, skin infections, rosacea, and general skin care.

White/flaky itchy spots in pubic area

Hi, 23 y/o white male.
I had protected sex with a new partner a few times, several weeks ago. Several days later, a number of 1/8'' (3mm) ish white, itchy, spots appeared under my pubic hair. They generally seem to be at the base of hairs. They have recurred in decreasing numbers since. When I scratch or wash them with a facecloth, the white, dry skin easily comes off, generally relieving most of the itchyness, and leaving a slightly red-ish area (somewhat raw looking skin).
None of these are on the penis itself, they've all been confined to the pubic hair area.
I'm hoping for some professional input as to what this might be.
Any ideas?
The symptoms are suggestive of folliculitis. Folliculitis is the inflammation of one or more hair follicles. The condition may occur anywhere on the skin. It starts when hair follicles are damaged by friction from clothing or blockage of the follicle.

Keep the area clean and apply some topical antiseptics. Also wear loose-fitting cotton clothing and use an antibacterial soap or mild soap like dove. Avoid any kind of cosmetics. Topical antibiotics such as mupirocin or neomycin containing ointment are also useful. In case the symptoms persist then oral antibiotics may be needed. Please consult a dermatologist in that case.

It is very difficult to precisely confirm a diagnosis without examination and investigations and the answer is based on the medical information provided. For exact diagnosis, you are requested to consult your doctor. I sincerely hope that helps. Take care and please do keep me posted on how you are doing.
I have the exact same thing,, it is a red sore just one,, in the public hair
region,, it forms a white scab that comes off easily and looks like dead skiin white in color  , or like cottage cheese.
any more new's about what it might be.
thanks