White patches on skin.

This forum is for questions regarding Dermatology issues, such as: rashes, acne, birthmarks, skin infections, rosacea, and general skin care.

White patches on skin.

I have posted this already but don't know if i posted it in the right area. While working on some decking during the summer shirtless I got sunburned on my back. I turned red everywhere except for a large circle on my lower back and a patch that goes from shoulder to shoulder about 10cm in width. These patches don't turn red after a shower either. On further inspection I have fount a few small patches on both my arms and legs about 1cm in size that also don't turn red.  

All these patches aren't raised nor are they dry or scaly and seem just to be a loss of pigmentation and not something on the skin. Been to the doctor twice (two different doctors) and one said it was tinea versicolor and the other didnt say what it was just said put moisturizer on them, but I read putting moisturizer on tinea versicolor is a bad thing for it since fungal infections love moist environments.

I'm hoping it's not vitiligo, but for what i heard that would have burned before the rest of my skin, and would still turn red in the shower.

Does anyone know what this could be?
First thing that came to my mind is vitiligo but I personally have vitiligo and it doesn't have to burn before the rest of your skin and turn red.
Hi Ibanezboy thanks for the reply. I was wondering if your vitiligo glows under black light? I brought a black globe and the white areas didn't glow differently to the light.