White ring on my foreskin.

This forum is for questions regarding Dermatology issues, such as: rashes, acne, birthmarks, skin infections, rosacea, and general skin care.

White ring on my foreskin.

Recently, I have noticed a white ring around my foreskin which seems to have come about in the last year or so.

Now, it has become quite tight and I can only retract my foreskin about halfway when I have an erection, as it is too tight to go all the way back. However, it retracts as normal when flaccid.

Does anyone have any idea what this could be?
Tags: diprosone
Avatar_dr_f_tn

How old are you?

This may be a case  of balanitis. However, you have noted of a white discoloration as well as tightening of the foreskin in the area. This may be case of balanitis obliterans. I suggest that you have this assessed by a physician early on. Tightening of the foreskin  around the glans (glands) penis may obstruct blood flow to the area. This requires emergent attention.

I suggest you seek immediate consult with a urologist for a complete physical examination. Do not try to forcibly retract the foreskin as this may only cause further  irritation and may only aggravate the condition.
Ahh, just as I checked, you replied!

Thank you for the reply.

I am 21 years of age. The ring is on the end of my foreskin, and it is not sore. The ring is only visible when the skin is stretched very tight, and the ring is about a millimetre thick. I have been told that is most likely 'mild phimosis', as i can uncover pretty much the whole glans (glands) when erect, and when flaccid it is not tight

I have also been told that stretching this myself for 5 or so minutes per day could solve this problem in a matter of weeks, and that also Diprosone cream will help this, but I believe this cream can only be prescribed to me.
Does anyone have more advice on this condition?
Avatar_dr_f_tn
Hi.

Was this assessed by your physician? If an assessment has been done and balanitis obliterans has been excluded then do follow your physician's advice. Phimosis may be due to several factors and balanitis obliterans is just one of them. It is important to note that  phimosis may impede blood flow to the area when left unmanaged. It is best to discuss this with your physician in any case that further management is needed if this will not improve.
I have a white ring around my penis. Its about 1cm from my glans (glands) and runs down to the underside of my penis on both sides meeting right in the middle where the skin joins the glans (glands), just below the urethra. My glans (glands) is also a pale colour at each side of the urethra.
It is tight when erect, almost like an elastic band is around my penis. I have searched for a diagnosis and the closest is BXO.
I was prescribed clobetasol propionate 0.05% w/w but after two weeks doesn't seem to have made a huge difference. Can it be cured? Will this cause permanent scarring, i dont fancy being circumcised at 29?
I've had a tightening and callus around the foreskin of my penis for some time. It started a few years ago and the ring will crack and be sore and very painful. I showed my doc when it first happened and he said it was a yeast infection and gave me a cream called nystantin. It eventually went away but the scaring and tightening never did. Now the sores are back again and I'm REALLY embarrassed to go to the doc. I've never slept with anyone in the last 12 years but my wife. But people never want to believe that. I've always been a clean and good person. That's why its so embarrassing to try and go to a doc and get help. I can't even imagine where or how I got something like this. Can anyone help or give me some ideas what this is and where it came from?  Please!