White spot under my skin
I have this small white growth (?) under the skin on my thumb. I have had one before about 8 years ago in the crease of my thumb. Boy was that painful. I removed it myself twice with a razor blade to remove the skin and hemostats to remove the root. The first time the root was pretty small and was made up of about 3 or 4 fibers. Then it came back about a month later. The second time it was much larger and much more painful. The root was 3 times the size as it was about 12 to 15 fibers thick. (About 3-4 millimeters.) Now I have another one on the side of my thumb, substantially smaller than the first one. This time it is not painful, but it's not in the crease like the other one was. About once a week I remove the skin built up around it so it's not so annoying. The question remains though, What is this fiber-like tissue under the skin on my thumb? I was told the first time that it was a plantar wart, but while researching plantar warts on the web, I found that that was inaccurate. In addition to 'What is it?' I would also like to know how to get rid of it without cutting myself up with razor blades, and how to prevent these darn things. If anyone has the answers, please let me know. If more information is needed, I will try to provide as much as I can upon request. Thank you very much.
Hi.

A common wart is still a differential. Fungal infections may also present with whitish bumps but they are usually associated with redness, fine scaling and itchiness. I suggest that you have this assessed by your dermatologist. The skin condition is recurrent and appears in the same area each time. This may be something viral or fungal as these skin conditions do recur and do persist.

If this is a wart, you may need more than just topical medications for this. You may need to have this cauterized to prevent it from recuring. Avoid unnecessarily touching it. It might lead to infections and if this is infectious may only facilitate transmission.