Whiteheads on knees??

This forum is for questions regarding Dermatology issues, such as: rashes, acne, birthmarks, skin infections, rosacea, and general skin care.

Whiteheads on knees??

Okayy! i had a scap on my knee from softball and i didnt think it was a big deal! Its not like i havent had them before! But when i pulled domn my sock from playing softball there was a little "whitehead" On my knee near my scab! i dont think it is my scab! That one whitehead went away but then a FEW more came up today when i took the pro wrap off my knee!! Me and my mother were talking and we thought it was maybe the pro wrap! Or maybe i was breaking out b/c i was sweatng with the pro wrap on and breaking out!! should i be worried? any suggestions?? infection?!
THANKS
Tags: irritable
Avatar dr f tn

This part of your knee appears to be exposed to a lot of sweat and moisture, is this correct?

Would you be able to expound on the character of this whitehead?

If the whitehead is flat, itchy and scaling then a differential will be a fungal infection or irritated skin that is sloughing off and healing. If it is hard, slightly elevated and scaling, a psoriatic lesion may be considered. A bacterial infection may present with redness with associated pustular ( containing pus) lesions.

Do you have any of these?