Dermatology Expert Forum
Whiteheads on penis

This forum is for questions regarding Dermatology issues, such as: rashes, acne, birthmarks, skin infections, rosacea, and general skin care. All questions will be answered by a medical professional.

Whiteheads on penis

I have an urgent but embarassing question as you can probably tell by the title above. About one month ago these five or six whitehead-like pimples appeared on my penis. They look and feel eactly like whitehead acne. I was hoping they would clear and when they didn't I began to treat them with Gold Bond powder, bacitracin, neosporin even soem cortizine cream I had. when these didn't work i tried to pop one as one might do with a normal whitehead.

I had read through question after question on your archive and found some helpful advice. One posting that was particularly similar to mine carried the response that they were cysts and did not need to be treated. I have had them for a month and I'm getting quiet worried. Is there anything that can be done? Any ointments or creams that you might recommend? How do these things come about and how long do they last?

One thing that I had remebered was that the week prior to these whiteheads appearing I was moving to a new residence and taking exams also so I slept in my clothes many times and skipped showering also. I don't know whether this had anything to do with it or not.

Thank you for your time and patience.
They are most likely whiteheads or cysts.  They are normal anatomical variants, meaning nothing.  I'd ignore them until you can show them to your regular doctor at your regular visit.

Best.

Dr. Rockoff
hey i have the same problem i think i have like whiteheads on my balls and a few on my penis, is it caused from masterbation (masturbation)? i do it 4times a week, and i'm too scared to see a doctor aswell cause i might get an errection while his looking at my prob? plz help
i realize that this is an old thread and may be no one is paying attention to it, but this is a very important subject to me.  you see i have the same condition/sympton...whatever you want to call it.  for a very long time i have had these white bumps which resemble whiteheads on my penis.  i spent the greater part of my teenage and college years worrying about them, and being embarrassed.  at times they have swelled and even burst.  ive found that aggrevating them only makes more inflammed so dont squeeze them too hard.  while this sounds very abnormal, it actually is not uncommon.  try searching google or your favorite search engine for "sebacious cysts".  you will find as i have that many people have the same condition and that it is nothing to worry about.  growing up, i thought i was the only one with this problem.  but its not actually a problem at all. people come in all shapes, sizes, and textures so dont be embarrased by yours. if you worry about what the girls might think,  relax...women get these kind of cysts too.

btw if something (anything) is causing you pain...see a doctor asap and dont be embarassed because they have seen it all before.
best wishes

I too thought I was alone here!  Apparently not.  I have had three of these little beauties now; two on my scrotum and one (currently) at the top of my inner thigh.  They are exactly like a zit on your face.

Having lost my mum to cancer many years past, I panicked first time and went to A&E on my way to work.  I was assured that (after a testicular examination -  a bit embarrasing) it was just a cyst (no idea what that actually is, but apparently isn't to worry about).  After the whitehead goes (I did pop one of them), it leaves a tiny bump for quite some months, before disappearing completely.

So, I'm glad I'm not alone and I'm glad to be able to add my two-penneth on "don't panic", as it's no worse than a facial zit.

BTW, I've also had a rash at the top of my thighs on and off for a couple of years.  Do any of you guys get that as well?  Is it related?  I've put this down to the extra driving I have been doing since around 2 years ago and maybe it's a sweat thing?

BTW, I'm 39 and never got anything like this before 2 years ago.

Doc, am I right in not worrying about them?  Does hydrocortizone or Dactarin (sic?) help?
Hey, i want just wondering if these little white buggers we all seem to have over our slongs are contagious in any way? Thinking about the other people if you know :)
I believe I have one of these genital whiteheads, commonly refered to as **** zits in the medical text books(not really).  But anyway, I popped it and there is still a bump there.  Do genital warts typically have these characteristics?  Please God somebody tell me no.
i have the same problem here. i had them for a long time now n i fought they were part of growth. so they never bothered me until now. i told my mum n she sed there part of growing up. also i didnt shower much back then so is this a hygenic fing? however i did try white head remover still no sign of going n i have read the posts n i dont want to see a doctor even no am embrassed but i cant go bcoz me family will probs find out so is the a house hold treatment i could possibly get hold of n maybe get rid of them?

p.s i have a few on my face but there not white heads coz i cant pop them so plz write in here
A related discussion, i have whitehead on my sack was started.
A related discussion, um need a good answer was started.