Why Am I So Itchy??

This forum is for questions regarding Dermatology issues, such as: rashes, acne, birthmarks, skin infections, rosacea, and general skin care.

Why Am I So Itchy??

It took me quite a while to come forward w/ all of this, as it's embarrassing.

For the past 2months I've been EXTREMELY itchy on my upper thighs, so bad that I have scabs all over my legs. Once and a while I'll notice a bump, one similar to a mosquito bite, and I usually scratch the h**l out of it or try an pop it. At one time I couldn't sleep it itched so bad, it only felt comforting when I either layed in a tub of salt water or applied warm towels soaked in salt water all over my stomach, thighs and arms. For the 2-3weeks my legs really haven't been as itchy, but it hasn't gone away. It's moved up higher on my stomach, sides and bicep area of my arms, with the occasional itchy bump on the webbing of my thumb(s), and other fingers, sometimes on the finger itself. My palm sometimes is itchy as well. The itching hasn't really effected the pubic hair region of my body, but lately the itching has been incredibly hard on the shaft of my penis more towards the head, and the ball sack. I'm scratching so hard and so much I leave marks. And it seems like the friction from masturbation is the only way I can relieve the itch. I don't know what to do; I do not have medical insurance, and every doctors office has turned me away when I've asked for a payment plan of some sort. WHAT CAN I DO??

I have had crabs, not from sex, but from someones blanket I was infected. Although I was slightly late treating them, I did get to it, I would pick them off w/ tweezers and pop them before I started treating.

Also, I work hard from my home, and rarely leave the house unless needed, and when I do, I don't get dirty, I'm not a fan of dirt, so my shower habits...aren't so the best. I don't normally sweat while home...embarrassing, but true...

CAN ANYONE HELP ME?????? I'm willing to post photos if needed. I will answer any questions directed towards me quick as possible, as I want this to GO AWAY!

This could be allergic reactions to unknown substances, skin hypersensitivity, eczema, dermatitis or sweat dermatitis.

Do you notice the lesions trigerred in response to a specific stimulus like sun exposure?

You should try to keep the area dry and clean. Try some powder to absorb the sweat.

Apply calamine lotion at the site and take some oral antihistamine medications for your complaints.

If the symptoms are still persistent, consult your dermatologist and get a proper clinical evaluation done.

Let us know if you have any doubts and keep us posted on how you are doing.

Good luck.

Na, at first we thought was a reaction to a new laundry detergent because my skin sometimes reacts to that, but after switching back to the regular detergent nothing seemed to change.

No reaction to the sun.
And it's not a rash, they're dots spread around certain areas of my body; Connect the Dots type of layout, except I'm sure they don't form an animal, and I don't enjoy it.
we have the same problem have u gotten any help
none, it's gradually lessening, but I don't trust it...itching fits still happen, but not as bad...I just want it to go away already, it's damaged me enough.

How are you doing now?

Have you used any oral antihistamine or antiallergic medications?

Did you see your doctor or skin specialist for your symptoms?

Keep us posted on how you are doing and if you need any other information.

Regards.
I haven't tried any of those medications, I know for a fact it isn't an Allergic Reaction to anything, as I'm only allergic to Cranberries. I thought it might have been a reaction to a detergent but all detergents were swapped and nothing changed and I was told oral antihistamines are for allergic reactions. As for seeing a specialist; As I stated in my original post, I've been turned down everywhere locally as I do not have medical insurance and they won't allow me to do a payment plan of any kind.

You could take oral antihistamine medications and see if it helps with your symptoms.

How are your symptoms now?

Regards.