Why am I feeling itchy and needles with small bumps?
I have had the same feeling for the past three weeks. Especially my face and scalp. I thought it might have been scabies but the doctor stated it was a reaction to a bug bite and that scabies don't infest the scalp and face, gave me anti-itch cream and wrote me off. After two weeks, I still itch but now it's accompanied by pins and needles sensation which increases the itching. I also get tiny pimple like bumps immediately followin the itch. I am up all nite because it's when it attacks the most. I have used permethrin, sulfur soap, sulfur ointment, alcohol, apple cider vinegar, and funny enough...cipro, which actually relieved the itching on the scalp. What is this? I have a daughter who was not feeling anything until two days ago. So I can't be crazy if she's complaining about itchy skin and scalp also. Could it be somekind of bacteria? I bought a 60x to 100x small microscope to check for crawlers but see  nothing.
I cannot confirm anything without examination but since both of you are having these symptoms so it can be body lice of scabies. According to CDC(centre of disease control), Intense itching (“pruritus”) and rash caused by an allergic reaction to the louse bites are common symptoms of body lice infestation. Wash the Clothing, bedding, and towels in hot water and dry them in sun after machine drying them. Topical permethrin or Lindane cream may be needed which are available by prescription only. Treatment of scabies is the same i.e permethrin.

It is very difficult to precisely confirm a diagnosis without examination and investigations and the answer is based on the medical information provided. For exact diagnosis, you are requested to consult your dermatologist. I sincerely hope that helps. Take care and please do keep me posted on how you are doing.