Why are my fingernails so white? please help!
ever since i can remember my fingernails have always been discolored, just recently my left hand has gotten better (pinky,ring, and middle finger nails are clear and healthy, so are my thumbnails.)  but all the other fingernails are a milky color, not just white dots, but the whole nail is white.  they do not itch, or crumble they feel healthy other than the way they look.  it looks like i have a french manicure. and it can be quite embarrassing when people notice them since i am a guy!   ive tried applying tea tree oil to them but it doesnt seem to be working.  i also have 3 toe nails that definitely have a fungal infection.  but its not that easy to notice. the main thing is my fingernails.  any advice?
The symptoms are suggestive of leuconychia. It is a medical term for white discoloration appearing on nails. Causes of leuconychia are trauma to the nail, zinc deficiency, hypoalbuminaemia (low albumin), which is caused by the nephrotic syndrome (a form of kidney failure), liver failure, protein malabsorption and protein-losing enteropathies.  My sincere advice is to consult a physician and get all these possibilities evaluated.

It is very difficult to precisely confirm a diagnosis without examination and investigations and the answer is based on the medical information provided. For exact diagnosis, you are requested to consult your doctor. I sincerely hope that helps. Take care and please do keep me posted on how you are doing.