Why are my hands peeling so much?
My hands have been peeling since I was about 5. Its usually during the fall/winter months as well as during the end of spring. It usually starts on my fingertips and continues to peel until my entire hand has peeled, is raw, and looks like a prune!  Lotions and creams, such as cocoa butter help a little but this happens every year around the same time. Why is this happening?

This could be exfoliative keratolysis, which is a common skin condition that presents with focal peeling of the palms and less often the soles. The first sign is one or more superficial air-filled blisters on the fingers or palms that burst to leave tender, peeled areas. These peeled areas lack a normal barrier function and may become red, dry and cracked.  The symptoms are aggravated by exposure to irritants including water, soap, detergents and solvents. This condition has a tendency to recur.

It is best that you have this evaluated further for proper diagnosis and management. A complete medical and physical examination is important.   It is important that you recognize and avoid the irritants. Emollient hand creams and photochemotherapy may also help.

Take care and keep us posted.
I've had this problem for many years and what works for me is DERMAN'S ANTIFUNGAL CREAM. It's sold as an athlete's foot treatment (active ingredients are zinc undecylenate and undecylenate acid). It's inexpensive and is available without a presciption at many drugstores including Wal-Mart. Rub a dab into your palms and fingers twice a day until the condition goes away (probably in a week or two), and thereafter every night. The only problem is that if I stop using it, the condition comes back, but it works great for me.