Why are my knuckles white?

I have dead white skin on my knuckles and I'm wondering if this is something serious and what it is???? They have been like this for years. I've wen't to a doctor before but he just deregarded it and said he don't know. I plan to go to a diffrent one. It's nothing but dead skin, I could stick a needle threw and not feel anything. It is not Vitiligo. But I'm getting worried and embarassed. Any ideas of what it may be???

I cannot confirm anything without examination but the first possibility coming to my mind is of leprosy.The characteristic feature of leprosy is white hypopigmented patches which have decreased sensation to touch, heat, or pain.The other possibility is of vitiligo.

I would advise you to consult a dermatologist at the earliest and get lepromin test and skin biopsy done to rule out leprosy and vitiligo.
I hope that helps. Please do keep me posted on how you are doing or if you have any additional queries. Kind regards.